Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX Product Change

tag
fittiger
Frequent Contributor

Re: AMEX Product Change

That's disconcerting 😡. It's really not that big a deal though. I'm just more interested in points. Neither would really get much use tbh. This was my first AMEX and I prefer to keep the account open, and would prefer to earn MR on the little spending I put on it to keep it open.

I grocery shop predominantly at target so I don't get met extra bonus shopping there so I don't want to pay $95 AF for BCP.
Message 11 of 17
joltdude
Senior Contributor

Not sure of the current state of approvals with Amex but it used to be if you tried for another card... if you didnt get approved it would be a SP... if you did get approved it would be the normal HP...... 

Midas well just go for another card...

-J

Message 12 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

What about the reverse? Can an ED be PC'd to a BCE?

No, same thing.  Can't PC cashback card to MR earning card and vice versa

Well, that sucks. I think I'll show Amex who's boss and cancel my cards.

If I were you I'd also cancel my Sallie Mae card.  That will show them how serious you are.  Hit em hard!

They'll have to pry that one from my cold, dead fingers.

Message 13 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@joltdude wrote:

Not sure of the current state of approvals with Amex but it used to be if you tried for another card... if you didnt get approved it would be a SP... if you did get approved it would be the normal HP...... 

Midas well just go for another card...

-J

That definitely is a YMMV situation as plenty of people, including myself, have incurred HPs when denied so like most situations, apply for a credit card only when it's worth the HP that you may get.

Message 14 of 17
joltdude
Senior Contributor

Things are changing.. Thats why I phrased it the way I said it.. btw all the images in your sig are broken ...

Message 15 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@joltdude wrote:

Things are changing.. Thats why I phrased it the way I said it.. btw all the images in your sig are broken ...

They are?  I see them fine

Edit - now they are messed up.  I think photobucket is having issues.

Message 16 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Photobucket has been having issues for the last few hours. Been up and down.

Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.