Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX Product Change

tag
joeyoey
Frequent Contributor

AMEX Product Change

I received my Blue Cash Everyday Preferred in October & even though I LOVE the cash back, I'm thinking I'd like to try accumulating the MR points more (b/c I'm too tempted to cash the cash in, lol).  Is it possible to do a PC from the BCE Pref to the Everyday Preferred?  I keep seeing conflicting info about some cards can & some can't and some you have to wait 13 months.  But, since both of these cards have an AF will they let me do that?

Also, I have a PRG card now that I mostly got for the signup bonus.  If/when I close this one early next year before the AF hits, will these MR points transfer over to my Everyday card balance (assuming I switch to that)?

Thanks for any info!

Starting Score (02/01/2014): EQ 548 EX 548 TU 564
Current/Most Recent FICO Score (4/01/2015): EQ 686 EX 668 TU 669
Nov 1, 2015 Goal: 700 Across all 3

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

test

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

Re: AMEX Product Change

@joeyoey wrote:

I received my Blue Cash Everyday Preferred in October & even though I LOVE the cash back, I'm thinking I'd like to try accumulating the MR points more (b/c I'm too tempted to cash the cash in, lol).  Is it possible to do a PC from the BCE Pref to the Everyday Preferred?  I keep seeing conflicting info about some cards can & some can't and some you have to wait 13 months.  But, since both of these cards have an AF will they let me do that?

Also, I have a PRG card now that I mostly got for the signup bonus.  If/when I close this one early next year before the AF hits, will these MR points transfer over to my Everyday card balance (assuming I switch to that)?

Thanks for any info!

I don't think you can PC any card to everyday cards. In your example BCP and EDP are using different points structure so its probably 100% that you wouldn't be able to PC. 

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Adding to the above response if you want to accumulate MR points, the PC, even if they let you, wouldn't be a good option because you'll lose out on the 25K MR points bonus for the EDP if you just apply for it.

As for your question about the PRG; yes your existing MR points would transfer to the EDP.  

Message 3 of 5
AvadaKedavra
Established Contributor

I'm not to sure about the PC (your best bet is asking a CSR), but I do know if you have the ED and PRG if you cancel the PRG your MR points will still be active since you have another card that earns MR points. 

Message 4 of 5
BeeH11
Regular Contributor

On Monday I just PC my regular Blue card to the ED card. That's was the only product change I could do. They said b/c the rewards/redemption are similar. I would have to put a new app in for BC, BCP or EDP. 

Chase Sapphire Reserve. Chase Freedom Unlimited. Amex Gold. Amex Everyday. Discover It. Capital One QuickSilver. Bloomingdales. Victoria Secret.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.