Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX Qn...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

AMEX Qn...

Whats up ppl... ???

Quick question about amex... apped lots of cc's in the last year or so... credit file is like 4.5 yrs old with AAOA of 1 year. If my grandpa were to add me on his amex - think he has had it since eighties or early ninties and then I get an amex of my own (say green or zync) and get amex to backdate it - do you know what this would do to my score?

Speculations welcome... also planning to buy an investment property in sept.

Thanks

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: AMEX Qn...

you would probably see a little gain because of longer age, but not sure how many points we are actually talking about.

Message 2 of 3
stan_the_man
Established Contributor

Re: AMEX Qn...

You would definitely see some gain because of the longer history and AAoA, but how big would most likely be a function of what your score and how recent any baddies are.

Imagine a 780 vs. a fairly clear 700 vs. a messy 600. I would imagine that all three scores would go up, but that absolute and % change would probably be biggest the lower your score was.

Keep in mind that established history = 15% of the FICO score. That's probably the only thing that you're going to improve right now:
http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Understanding-FICO-Scoring/Credit-Scoring-101-START-HERE/m-p/8169

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.