Frequent Contributor
MyFicoAddict

AMEX Qn...

Whats up ppl... ???

Quick question about amex... apped lots of cc's in the last year or so... credit file is like 4.5 yrs old with AAOA of 1 year. If my grandpa were to add me on his amex - think he has had it since eighties or early ninties and then I get an amex of my own (say green or zync) and get amex to backdate it - do you know what this would do to my score?

Speculations welcome... also planning to buy an investment property in sept.

Thanks

Aim to be fiscally and physically fit...
EQ - 723 FICO as of Aug 2010
TU - 757 FICO as of Sept 2010
EX - 742 FICO as of Oct 2010 (PSECU)
Epic Contributor
Creditaddict

Re: AMEX Qn...

you would probably see a little gain because of longer age, but not sure how many points we are actually talking about.

Fico Scores: EQ- 682 DCU, TU 696 Walmart, EX 686 Prosper(10-30-14)
You will have to put up Electric Fence to keep me in the garden!
Highest Limit: Navy Federal Cash Sigi Visa $50k (AU)
Lowest Limit: Target $200
63 Cards and Counting :smileytongue:
Established Contributor
stan_the_man

Re: AMEX Qn...

You would definitely see some gain because of the longer history and AAoA, but how big would most likely be a function of what your score and how recent any baddies are.

Imagine a 780 vs. a fairly clear 700 vs. a messy 600. I would imagine that all three scores would go up, but that absolute and % change would probably be biggest the lower your score was.

Keep in mind that established history = 15% of the FICO score. That's probably the only thing that you're going to improve right now:
http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Understanding-FICO-Scoring/Credit-Scoring-101-START-HERE/m-p/8169

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}