Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX Question Help Needed

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: AMEX Question Help Needed

Wonderin has it right, they told me to tell my mom she does not owe them, it was marked as paid in October of 1990. They would be more than happy to extend her credit as long as she meets their approval.

In the spirit of Halloween I thought WITCH was more appropriate.

Message 21 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Wonderin has it right, they told me to tell my mom she does not owe them, it was marked as paid in October of 1990. They would be more than happy to extend her credit as long as she meets their approval.

In the spirit of Halloween I thought WITCH was more appropriate.

*snort*
That's because you're a gentleman!! I'd have not been so kind at ALL.

But I agree ... we do have to recognize some Halloween spirit, here. If you've got the CSR's address, I have the rotten eggs and toilet paper! Smiley Very Happy
Message 22 of 26
MsKiwi
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Uniqua wrote:

P.S., it's nobody's business why you are in your 40s and new to credit. You don't owe us any explanations!

I know, but some have speculated that I have had BK's and/or a bad personal history. Some people don't buy that I am just starting out. Now they know the reason I have avoided credit my entire life.

It's still no ones business. Actually I know a quite a few people who just don't believe in using credit, it's their business not mine.
Message 23 of 26
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Umm, not to mention that you were an AU on the card!

As I understand it, they will try to come after you for your own charges, but they can't for hers. And too old to report, and IIBK, and all that good stuff.

And BTW, I think that's an excellent reason to have been wary of credit! At least you will avoid the temptations that others undergo when they finally start getting some credit in their own names.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 24 of 26
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I know, but some have speculated that I have had BK's and/or a bad personal history. Some people don't buy that I am just starting out. Now they know the reason I have avoided credit my entire life.

Don't feel like the Lone Ranger. When I got my first credit card I was in my 50s. Before that I had no file at all. Nada Zip Zilch.

When dealing with credit reps tell them your story. My story has brought me a long way in iust 8 years. ( 790-801 FICOs, and over $125k in credit lines.)

My  story....

"I lived my whole life without credit because I didn't believe in owing any money for any reason. If I didn't have the cash to pay, I did without."

"Unfortunately I missed out on a good business opportunity. I was also paying too much for car insurance because I did not have any credit history at all." 

"I decided to build a good credit score so I wouldn't be in that position again."

"I PIF because that is the way I have always handled money and am TOO OLD TO CHANGE my habits now."

In the beginning of the conversation the reps might have wondered if I had gone BK before, but in the end every creditor loves to lend money to someone who is too old to change his sound financial habits.

Keep on keeping on. You have a ten year head start on me to play the credit game. Smiley Wink

It is pretty easy actually. Just spend some time in credit forums like this one and use your age to your advantage. Handle all of your credit lines the way you handle cash. Never be shy about bumping the limits if you PIF.

Life is good with good credit. Life is great when a man has good credit and the ability to PIF every tradeline on his credit reports.  Smiley Happy

Message 25 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had an amex gold went to BK in 2002,i called on 09/15/2009 CSR said if i pay off bk balance which 17 dollars(LOL) it would be recorded as pay in there internal records. I said to her "i thought amex deny people with bk she said" once who pay off the bk balance i would be approve.here is the interesting she kept using the words internal records during our 5 mins conversation.

Here is the Ironic thing i am AU on my girlfriend GREEN AMEX since 2007 and when she requested the card for me, the bk amex never was mention. 

I am just trying to get my own card.

TU 695/EX 705/ EQ 774 

Message 26 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.