Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX Question...

tag
plasticcards
New Contributor

AMEX Question...

So I went on their website to check out some cards I have their Blue card. When I click on view all cards on the left in a box it says "Upgrade your membership" and it has the Blue Sky Preferred and the Blue cash preferred. And it has a buttom saying Upgrade your membership. The other cards says apply now button but these 2 cards say upgrade your membership. What does this mean? I can upgrade? Does anyone know? 

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Crashem
Valued Contributor

Re: AMEX Question...

@plasticcards wrote:

So I went on their website to check out some cards I have their Blue card. When I click on view all cards on the left in a box it says "Upgrade your membership" and it has the Blue Sky Preferred and the Blue cash preferred. And it has a buttom saying Upgrade your membership. The other cards says apply now button but these 2 cards say upgrade your membership. What does this mean? I can upgrade? Does anyone know? 

Basically "upgrade" just means PC change.  So if you have plain Blue card, I think it is saying you can PC to Blue Cash or Blue Sky.  But I am not sure why you would want to do so.

LIMITS IN CARD DESCRIPTIONS
Message 2 of 5
plasticcards
New Contributor

Why do you say that? Are they not good cards?

Message 3 of 5
jamesdwi
Valued Contributor

Blue cash preferred is an interesting card if you have spend enough, its 6% at grocery stores, on the first 6k spend each year, and 3% on gas and some retailers, and 1% on everything else. But it does come with a $75 AF, but the rewards are "cash"  You will have to do the math to see if its right for you.

The plain blue card has rather anemic rewards program, 1% in MRE pts and no AF.

Cards: Chase Southwest 20k & CSR 17k & CSP 10k & FNBO 30k Oregon Duck 5k, & AMEX BCP 32.5k & Amex Magnet 15k&amg; Hilton Surpass 7.5k & Delta Gold 12k & Zync NPSL, Fidelity AMEX 17k Commerce5.9k & Cash Forward 7.5k & Sams Club MC 20k, Paypal Extras MC 10k, Paypal Credit 7.25k CapOne Venture 15k, QS 2.5k, QS 750, Amazon 10k, Walmart 10k, Citi Simplicity 18k, Discover IT 23k and a nice stack of store cards.
Landmarkcu Personal Loan 10k
Message 4 of 5
Crashem
Valued Contributor

Blue is nice as only no af card that gives mr points. Good for you to "maintain" your mr points. Because of backdating, less harm if not benefit to getting more Amex cards. So why pc when you can just get other card.
               LIMITS IN CARD DESCRIPTIONS
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.