Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX Question

tag
TNTransplant
Established Contributor

Re: AMEX Question

Congrats to you - that's awesome! Smiley Happy

Starting Score: Jan 2012: EQ - 659, TU08 - 670, EX - ???
Current Score:April 2014: EQ - 772, TU08 - 782, EX - 754
Last App:3/21/14

Message 21 of 32
koalablue
Frequent Contributor

CONGRATS!  I've enjoyed following this thread and I'm so happy you got the Green AND the BCE.  All your hard work really paid off!  Well done!

Message 22 of 32
westcoastpirate
Contributor

I have more questions for the forum elders. Since I was approved for both the Green and BCE, I was planning on canceling the Green and keeping the BCE. But now that I'm thinking about it, would it be wise to activate both cards to try and get them backdated to boost my AAoA on 2 TLs instead of 1? I would only keep the green for the first year and cancel when I have to pony up for the yearly fee. The green will see minimal, if any, action.
Message 23 of 32
HiLine
Blogger

@westcoastpirate wrote:
I have more questions for the forum elders. Since I was approved for both the Green and BCE, I was planning on canceling the Green and keeping the BCE. But now that I'm thinking about it, would it be wise to activate both cards to try and get them backdated to boost my AAoA on 2 TLs instead of 1? I would only keep the green for the first year and cancel when I have to pony up for the yearly fee. The green will see minimal, if any, action.

I would say go for the backdating. The negative effect of opening a new account only lasts for several months. The increase in AAoA will serve you in longer terms.

Message 24 of 32
HiLine
Blogger

@distantarray wrote:

Try disputing to the CRA's about your lates as NEVER LATE, and also the OC's. I would say half or more of the time they don't have documentation to prove you were ever late. Remember send certified mail (no return receipt) to CRA and just regular postage to the OC's stating you were never late. Since they almost never have documentation that you were ever late, plus it's been so long since the lates the will almost always deleted from my experience. ymmv.

If they can prove it keep firing off goodwill letters to the OC til they get sick of you =) a guy wrote a python script to email the executive office everyday and got a response eventually lol! oh yea with the CRA write it with yellow legal notepad with purple in in cursive (not kidding) cause they will not read your disputes otherwise and feeds it into a machine to auto process your disputes, this forces a manual review.

Why the difference in mailing methods?

Message 25 of 32
jrodzmc09
Contributor

What CRA did they pull the scores from? Thanks
USAA PLATINUM MC: $9.5k | CHASE SAPPHIRE PREFERRED: $5k | NFCU FLAGSHIP REWARDS: $5k | USAA VFW REWARDS: $4k | BARCLAYS FINANCING VISA: $2.3k | CHASE AMAZON REWARDS: $2k | DISCOVER IT: $1k | AMEX BCP: $1K | PAYPAL SC: $1.3k | MACYS: $1.2k | EXPRESS: $600 | NFCU LOC: $2.5k | NFCU AUTO LOAN: $21k
Message 26 of 32
westcoastpirate
Contributor

Experian
Message 27 of 32
jrodzmc09
Contributor

Yea. I learned the hard way. :/ lol I app'd for the AMEX Gold card and I got denied. Had 0 inquiries with a score of 667 but do have 3 CO paid off and closed and 2 foreclosed home loans that are due to come off DEC 2013. :/ Will be calling them today to recon. Guess it wouldnt hurt to try that extra step. It was also my first AMEX application. Smiley Sad Shot down
USAA PLATINUM MC: $9.5k | CHASE SAPPHIRE PREFERRED: $5k | NFCU FLAGSHIP REWARDS: $5k | USAA VFW REWARDS: $4k | BARCLAYS FINANCING VISA: $2.3k | CHASE AMAZON REWARDS: $2k | DISCOVER IT: $1k | AMEX BCP: $1K | PAYPAL SC: $1.3k | MACYS: $1.2k | EXPRESS: $600 | NFCU LOC: $2.5k | NFCU AUTO LOAN: $21k
Message 28 of 32
distantarray
Established Contributor

@HiLine wrote:

@distantarray wrote:

Try disputing to the CRA's about your lates as NEVER LATE, and also the OC's. I would say half or more of the time they don't have documentation to prove you were ever late. Remember send certified mail (no return receipt) to CRA and just regular postage to the OC's stating you were never late. Since they almost never have documentation that you were ever late, plus it's been so long since the lates the will almost always deleted from my experience. ymmv.

If they can prove it keep firing off goodwill letters to the OC til they get sick of you =) a guy wrote a python script to email the executive office everyday and got a response eventually lol! oh yea with the CRA write it with yellow legal notepad with purple in in cursive (not kidding) cause they will not read your disputes otherwise and feeds it into a machine to auto process your disputes, this forces a manual review.

Why the difference in mailing methods?

Cause the CRA doesn't like to sign for things and usually comes returned for some odd reason, ymmv but if you don't send it certified companies don't have to respond to your dispute because there's no proof you ever sent it. It's a shady system in the credit world. After they recieve the dispute they have 30-40 days to comply (30 with few days for mailing) if they don't you can file complaints with the CPFB and they can usually get things like lates removed

total credit limits $108,400 Credit scores Ex 728 EQ 738 TU 758
Message 29 of 32
westcoastpirate
Contributor

I sent a message to AMEX through the secure message center requesting my Member Since date be updated. I gave the closing date from the card that was CO'd. I got a message back stating they are sending me a new card with the card member since date updated to...drum roll...2001! They are also updating the online account! So much backdating goodness! Oh brother!
Message 30 of 32
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.