Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX RECON??

tag
yudeology101
Senior Contributor

Re: AMEX RECON??

I can go over my fair share during my apping process w/ AMEX, I was literally on the phone just about everyday trying to talk to different analysts for recon, no luck.  I've apped close to 10times within 6months range with constant denials.  It was just best for me to wait until my scores went up a bit, then i got an offer through the mail for the Green and jumped on it and ba'am, instant approval.  Like enharu said, AMEX seems to rarely turnover their initial decision...they're pretty tough to crack. 

JPM Ritz Carlton $8k I UMP Club $8k I CSP $8k | Chase Hyatt $5k I AMEX Green NPSL I AMEX Delta $2k I Citi AA $2k | C1 QS $4.5k
BOA UNC-CH Alumni $6k I Hawaiian WEMC $3k I Arrival $6.5k I IT $1.5k | Merrill+ $2k | Lowes $12k | Apple $2k | +23more
Scores: EQ:671 (FICO 11) EX:686 (FICO N/C) TU:686 (FICO N/C) *8-5-14*
Overall UTIL: 14% *Gardening Since: 1/20/16*
------------------------------------------------------------
Need to stay out of trouble.... Go Heels!!! ... GC Watchlist ( #1 since 12-12-13)
Message 11 of 12
newUser0
Established Contributor

Re: AMEX RECON??

@millenion wrote:

Recently apped for the Amex BCP there was a special bonus offer for $250 instead of the usual 150 through credit card.com. Got an instant denial I'm assuming too many inquires because I apped for 2 other cards a week earlier. My AAoA is about 1-2 years no baddies. Is it possible to do a recon when I get the denial letter in the mail or AMEX's decisons are final?

Amex has super advanced systems, which takes into various factors before making any decisions. It's really very hard to go against their initial decision, unless there is a error/ an issue that has been corrected in the CB they pulled.

Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.