Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX Really Wants Me o.O

tag
daybreakgonesXe
Valued Contributor

AMEX Really Wants Me o.O

Just received a 2nd Green card offer in the mail today...same terms they sent me before though with just the first year's annual fee waived. No bonus points, nothing special...

Just ripped that up and holding onto my Blue Sky offer Smiley Wink

It's nice to be wanted by them!! Especially since I would rarely get preapprovals/preselected offers from creditors when I was under 21...

Also my Citi TYP card offer expires today too...gonna shred that one soon! Only thing special was I think it offered a 0% 18 month intro period, otherwise I don't recall getting bonus points. Also still had a variable APR, so no bueno.

Wish I could see my TU report for soft pulls from AMEX Smiley Mad for whatever reason they always block me and I have to do everything by mail...

Two or three weeks ago I got in using the dispute function, but now it's blocked again XD guess they know I'm abusing it! EQ and EX show nada for AMEX, so I know they're exclusively softing me from TU

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: AMEX Really Wants Me o.O

TU, for me is a one time pull, not like EQ or Ex.
your Blue Sky offer is nice. The one they sent me was the standard 7500 points. Smiley Sad
Message 2 of 9
daybreakgonesXe
Valued Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:
TU, for me is a one time pull, not like EQ or Ex.
your Blue Sky offer is nice. The one they sent me was the standard 7500 points. Smiley Sad

If they decide to hold onto the one-time TU pulls for soft and hopefully hard for me, I can app by July 30th for the Blue Sky...I'm hoping that holds true. If they pulled EX I'd like an inquiry to fall off of there first, expected to on August 7th, otherwise it wouldn't be the end of the world for me. Most of those inquiries are 6+ months, with two of them falling off completely this year.

Sorry you didn't get the best offer D: but at least it's an AMEX, right? Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 9
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Amex usually pulls EX for apps. It's odd they are SP'ing you on TU. as far as it being an Amex, sometimes I think they send better offers to lure new cardmembers!
Message 4 of 9
daybreakgonesXe
Valued Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:
Amex usually pulls EX for apps. It's odd they are SP'ing you on TU. as far as it being an Amex, sometimes I think they send better offers to lure new cardmembers!

Yeah, I've seen that, and also seen a small percentage of myFico members getting the TU pull...

I find it odd, too. Everybody says EX and here's me getting all the TU softs!

That's likely true! They probably see my Chase cards and want a piece of the action XD

Message 5 of 9
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 6 of 9
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@daybreakgonesXe wrote:

Just received a 2nd Green card offer in the mail today...same terms they sent me before though with just the first year's annual fee waived. No bonus points, nothing special...

Just ripped that up and holding onto my Blue Sky offer Smiley Wink

It's nice to be wanted by them!! Especially since I would rarely get preapprovals/preselected offers from creditors when I was under 21...

Also my Citi TYP card offer expires today too...gonna shred that one soon! Only thing special was I think it offered a 0% 18 month intro period, otherwise I don't recall getting bonus points. Also still had a variable APR, so no bueno.

Wish I could see my TU report for soft pulls from AMEX Smiley Mad for whatever reason they always block me and I have to do everything by mail...

Two or three weeks ago I got in using the dispute function, but now it's blocked again XD guess they know I'm abusing it! EQ and EX show nada for AMEX, so I know they're exclusively softing me from TU

So are you planning on apping.. Smiley Happy

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 7 of 9
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

I think my first SP came from Amex when I almost hit submit on an application, but waited two more weeks, then I got a BCE for $3500 with a 696 TU although I was triple pulled.

Now, they sp EXP every month or two, and my second and most recent Amex approval was indeed a hp on EXP.
never any sps on EQ or anything else on TU any more from Amex.

Amex loves EXP. I'm glad- no other creditor I have pulls EXP, so Amex has that EXP CR all to itself hahaha -.-
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 8 of 9
daybreakgonesXe
Valued Contributor

@LS, going for the Blue Sky offer I got a few days back Smiley Happy 30,000 points, lowest APR offered on the card, and 0% for 15 months!

@young, thanks for that info! I'm wondering if they soft TU for me that they'll pull TU as long as it only requires 1 pull...

Your EX only soft pulls seems to correlate with your one hitters, so ill have to search around the boards to see if anybody got TU sifts for offers with corresponding TU pull only! Otherwise I have to wait an extra week for Blue Sky!
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.