Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX Recon Blue Sky DENIED

tag
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: AMES Recon Blue Sky

You can't buy an EXP FICO score. Most likely it's a Vantagescore.

Good luck with you recon
Message 11 of 44
enharu
Super Contributor

best of luck to your recon.

i had to recon my amex as well and still got denied. too many recent inquiries was the recent. i had 5 inquiries when I applied. All 5 were due to an auto loan which were done on same day. I guess Amex still regarded them as separate inquiries.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 12 of 44
Rackham94
Established Contributor

@enharu wrote:

best of luck to your recon.

i had to recon my amex as well and still got denied. too many recent inquiries was the recent. i had 5 inquiries when I applied. All 5 were due to an auto loan which were done on same day. I guess Amex still regarded them as separate inquiries.

How soon will they let you know, I feel my recon will end the same. I have inquiries from cable company and utilities since I just moved to a new address and a couple unauthorized inquiries I am disputing don't know how that will affect the outcome but the CSR mentioned he is notating it in the account he seemed to become very serious as soon as a mentioned unauthorized inquiries. 

Message 13 of 44
enharu
Super Contributor

you will need to call in. they told me to call in the next day and it was still pending when i called. i called about 6 days later and they told me it's declined. the online status will show pending forever until you call.

if you have something on your CR to dispute, they will tell you to dispute that, get it cleared off, and make sure it's updated, then re-apply. Recon nor app department doesn't seem to care about what's supposed or not supposed to be on your CR. They just look at your CR and take it for what it is.

Don't worry too much though.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 14 of 44
Rackham94
Established Contributor

@enharu wrote:

you will need to call in. they told me to call in the next day and it was still pending when i called. i called about 6 days later and they told me it's declined. the online status will show pending forever until you call.

if you have something on your CR to dispute, they will tell you to dispute that, get it cleared off, and make sure it's updated, then re-apply. Recon nor app department doesn't seem to care about what's supposed or not supposed to be on your CR. They just look at your CR and take it for what it is.

Don't worry too much though.

I see you applied BCP how much are the approval odds between that card and the Blue Sky Miles? 

Message 15 of 44
Rackham94
Established Contributor

Mod can you change Thread Title to AMEX Recon Blue Sky *IN PROGRESS*

Message 16 of 44
jbunton444
Valued Member

Re: AMEX Recon Blue Sky IN PROGRESS

@Rackham94 wrote:

Hello all,

I submitted an application for AMEX Blue Sky Miles on Sunday night and got instant declined message and consent to receive electronic decision letter. I kept checking the status using the online system however; when I checked the Blue Sky application it kept timing out and giving an error of Internal 500 which is strange because that night I also submitted a Delta Sky Gold app right after,but the application was cancelled I guess due to the timing of the two apps. The strange thing is I could not ever pull the decision letter for the Blue Sky but the Gold App did pull up. 

I called this morning for a recon through New Accounts department the representative said it was due to Too Many Inquiries which makes sense I am disputing some inquiries on my report and explained the situation asked for reconsideration and he agreed and told me to call back on Friday for a final decision. 

Do I have a shot? The rep said they pulled TU and said my TU Fico is 711. TU shows 8 inquiries. I am disputing 3 inquiries not made under my authorization. I have 10 months of on time payment history 1 student loan 2 revolving and 1 retail credit card. Recently approved for Discover It and Chase Freedom. (like a week ago) Last night I also received a CLI on my General Electric American Eagle card that was at 700 now it is at 1000 only thing is I can only use it at American Eagle. Smiley Sad

Any suggestions? We all know you are all at work pretending to look busy hehe Smiley Wink

UPDATE

The app status just changed from Declined to looks like another HP maybe?

BLUE SKY FROM AMERICAN EXPRESS
In Progress
We will notify you once your application has been processed, or if we need additional information. If you wish to view an electronic communication of your decision details once we have made a decision, click here

Tried a recon with American Express once and they're very strict in when they say someting, no persuading them.  LoL!

Gardening since 6-28-2013
Barclay's iTunes: $3,500 | Travelocity Amex $3,350.00 | USAA $7,000.00 | Chase Freedom: $2,000.00 | Discover IT $1,000.00 | NFCU cashRewards Visa $22,500.00 | NavCheck $12,500.00 | USAA $7,000.00 | JCP $3,000.00 | Macy's $2,200.00 | Sam's Club $1,100.00 | Care Credit: $3,300.00 | Carson's $5,250.00 | Wal*Mart $1,500.00 | Various others... can't remember most store cards --- Long journey to HERE -- keep up the good fight!
Message 17 of 44
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Good luck to you OP!!!

AMEX is a tough cookie to crack! Smiley Happy

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 18 of 44
dodgerslv
Valued Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:

Good luck to you OP!!!

+1...keeping fingers crossed for you!

gardening since 5/21/2016
Message 19 of 44
Rackham94
Established Contributor

@dodgerslv wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:

Good luck to you OP!!!

+1...keeping fingers crossed for you!

Thanks guys!!!! I can't stop checking the app status lol I tried calling executive offices but they are closed. Should I try again tomorrow or leave it be I mean it was sent to Recon by a regular CSR this morning but not real sure now. They pulled all 3 CRA...

Message 20 of 44
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.