Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX Recon Blue Sky DENIED

tag
Rackham94
Established Contributor

AMEX Recon Blue Sky DENIED

Hello all,

I submitted an application for AMEX Blue Sky Miles on Sunday night and got instant declined message and consent to receive electronic decision letter. I kept checking the status using the online system however; when I checked the Blue Sky application it kept timing out and giving an error of Internal 500 which is strange because that night I also submitted a Delta Sky Gold app right after,but the application was cancelled I guess due to the timing of the two apps. The strange thing is I could not ever pull the decision letter for the Blue Sky but the Gold App did pull up. 

I called this morning for a recon through New Accounts department the representative said it was due to Too Many Inquiries which makes sense I am disputing some inquiries on my report and explained the situation asked for reconsideration and he agreed and told me to call back on Friday for a final decision. 

Do I have a shot? The rep said they pulled TU and said my TU Fico is 711. TU shows 8 inquiries. I am disputing 3 inquiries not made under my authorization. I have 10 months of on time payment history 1 student loan 2 revolving and 1 retail credit card. Recently approved for Discover It and Chase Freedom. (like a week ago) Last night I also received a CLI on my General Electric American Eagle card that was at 700 now it is at 1000 only thing is I can only use it at American Eagle. Smiley Sad

Any suggestions? We all know you are all at work pretending to look busy hehe Smiley Wink

UPDATE

The app status just changed from Declined to looks like another HP maybe?

BLUE SKY FROM AMERICAN EXPRESS
In Progress
We will notify you once your application has been processed, or if we need additional information. If you wish to view an electronic communication of your decision details once we have made a decision, click here
Message 1 of 44
43 REPLIES 43
Rackham94
Established Contributor

Re: AMES Recon Blue Sky

Ideas p.s my real username is Rackham12 my other account got locked unfortunately..

Message 2 of 44
Rackham94
Established Contributor

bump

Message 3 of 44
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

@Rackham94 wrote:

Ideas p.s my real username is Rackham12 my other account got locked unfortunately..

I checked into it and it's not locked. On rare ocassions I've received an error message upon signing in where it prompts me for a new name. If you ever see that, just back out of that and re-login. I'm guessing that's what happened here. Try logging in again under the old profile.

Message 4 of 44
jsucool76
Super Contributor

Its possible you might get approved. Amex isnt know for recons though. I'd expect another hp (possibly a different report, or both reports they didn't originally pull (im assuming eq and tu will get pulled)) and if you dont get another hp be happy.

Good luck!
Message 5 of 44
Rackham94
Established Contributor

That's what happened It prompted me for name change is there way to undo this name? can you PM the username ? because i do not think it is under a different email

Message 6 of 44
Rackham94
Established Contributor

@jsucool76 wrote:
Its possible you might get approved. Amex isnt know for recons though. I'd expect another hp (possibly a different report, or both reports they didn't originally pull (im assuming eq and tu will get pulled)) and if you dont get another hp be happy.

Good luck!

Should I call in and ask them to review for the Delta Sky Gold just in case since they are manually reviewing and most likely will HP the status on the Delta is still Cancelled the Blue Sky was Declined it is now showing In Progress but the Gold says cancelled.

Message 7 of 44
jsucool76
Super Contributor

I would wait and see what happens with the blue sky first.
Message 8 of 44
Rackham94
Established Contributor

@jsucool76 wrote:
I would wait and see what happens with the blue sky first.

Thanks and does it really take 5-7 biz days to manual review

Message 9 of 44
Rackham94
Established Contributor

Just bought EQ 3 bureu report and score at 1/2 off 

as of 3/31/13 

658EQ 671EXP 658TU

711 TU Fico and 683 EQU Fico

I imagine Exp fico is highest maybe? Not to mention I was approved for Chase Freedom and Discover IT in the last week.  On experian website my score is different though wonder why is that it shows 717 Exp but 671 shows for Exp on Eq site

Message 10 of 44
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.