Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX Refer-a-Friend Question

tag
iDShaDoW
Regular Contributor

AMEX Refer-a-Friend Question

How does this work exactly?

Does the referrer have to have the exact card that you're trying to apply for?

For example, I was looking at the BCP card.  My mother has an AMEX card or two I believe (not a BCP though).

Can she refer me for a BCP even if she doesn't have one herself?

Also, anyone have any ideas how often the increased sign up bonus promos come around?  I had one for $250 (instead of $150) for spending $1000 in 3 months but it disappeared over the weekend while I was considering pulling the trigger and applying for it.

Thanks.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: AMEX Refer-a-Friend Question

Is that still available? Thought it was discontinued last year.
Message 2 of 7
iDShaDoW
Regular Contributor

It was, but you had to get the offer through a 3rd party site (ie. CreditMatch).

Saw someone post it about it in a thread somewhere else on this forum and it was there.  Did some searching and it turns out to be a legitimate website from various opinions and others who had used it successfully.

Went to refresh the page again earlier today and it was no longer listed as one of my matches and a blog somewhere had people posting comments as recent as the 17th saying it was gone for them too.

Should've jumped the gun while I could.  The bonus would've covered 1.33 years of the AF.

Message 3 of 7
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

Is it a SP for this site to get the offers? Just curious! Smiley Happy
Message 4 of 7
iDShaDoW
Regular Contributor

From my understanding, yes.  Otherwise I would've stayed away from it myself lol.  Or at the least I would've applied for the AMEX right away.

I believe you can opt to not give them the last 4 of your social security as well but they say giving them the last 4 allows them to be sure they're soft pulling the correct report to give you better matches of what you have good odds of being approved for.

And to correct myself, it's Cardmatch.com which redirections you to creditcards.com/cardmatch.

I believe these are the threads I had previously read.

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/creditcards-com-cardmatch/td-p/1918077

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/AMEX-sign-up-bonus-at-creditcards-com/td-p/1879365

Message 5 of 7
iDShaDoW
Regular Contributor

I can find the BCP on their regular site but it is $150 now instead of the $250 when I gave them some of my basic info.

Not sure if you HAVE to give them your info to see any potentially increased sign up bonuses over what the credit card company itself offers.

Message 6 of 7
Omnipotent
Regular Contributor

The $250 is no longer available. Now it's $150 but with an intro APR of 0% for balance transfers. 

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.