Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX Reinstatement

tag
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: AMEX Reinstatement

Just out of curiosity OP, which number did you contact? I have heard about the Apollo program, but I was under the impression that it was discontinued long ago since it hasn't been mentioned here to my knowledge.

Most folks have had some success, provided they qualify, under the Oasis program.
Message 11 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

@FinStar wrote:
Just out of curiosity OP, which number did you contact? I have heard about the Apollo program, but I was under the impression that it was discontinued long ago since it hasn't been mentioned here to my knowledge.

Most folks have had some success, provided they qualify, under the Oasis program.

What did you understand to be the nature/details of the Apollo Program (when it existed)?

Was bounced around to several departments until I landed in the one where I spoke to the rep. who referred to the Apollo Program (he said it wasn't credit score based/no pull, just based on the history of the closed account).

The number he provided to recontact regarding the mater was 1-800-700-7619.

Message 12 of 46
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

My memory is pretty foggy on the Apollo program since it wasn't really discussed that much, but it dated back to the period where AMEX accounts could be backdated to the original history of the cardmember.

All I recall is that it was an alternative program to the Oasis one. Not sure if it involved on being able to "recover" the previous account depending on the age of the charge-off or the actual amount of the loss. Again, not a widely-discussed topic since it's been eons ago and I'm not sure if that's how it worked back then.
Message 13 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

Interesting. When I called I had heard of, and mentioned, the Oasis Program; the rep. was the one that stated there is an Oasis (new account) and an Apollo (old account) program.

Wonder if he was mistaken, or if it possibly has to do with the account age/history and relatively small charge-off balance.

Message 14 of 46
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

That's a very good question OP.

You'd likely be the first with some fresh data points surrounding the Apollo program. It's possible it's been in existence for some time, but they'd be the ones that use discretion on which one you'd qualify.

I'd definitely call back to get more insight on what would work best in your situation. But, it sounds like you'd have a fresh start with AMEX either way by paying it off.

Now, if they're able to report your entire history after you complete the program then that'd be a first and a win-win for sure.
Message 15 of 46
joltdude
Senior Contributor

Fin.. Pooka might know something....

Might want to ask ....

Message 16 of 46
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@joltdude wrote:

Fin.. Pooka might know something....

Might want to ask ....

Ah yes, @Anonymous might have some insight on this.  Paging Pooka89 ...

Message 17 of 46
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

I’m worried. It’s been 3 minutes with no reply. Seriously, though, Pooka’s the best.

Message 18 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

I PMd pooka89 before posting, no respnse.

Message 19 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am not familiar with the Apollo program, but simply due to system and regulatory limitations, I would not expect your old account to be reopened under any circumstances. Your account, at that age, is probably under the old legacy system which now only manages corporate accounts.
Message 20 of 46
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.