Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX Reporting to the CRA

tag
smallfry
Senior Contributor

AMEX Reporting to the CRA

I thought I might be one of the lucky few to have AMEX report on a timely basis every month but it seems that after reporting quickly the first month that the card was opened that it is not going to report this month. Checked EX the card closed 5/28 still hasn't reported. Citi closed yesterday it has already reported. So can I count on AMEX to be essentially a month behind now?

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Re: AMEX Reporting to the CRA

For the longest time, Amex reported a month or two behind. However, in recent months, Amex has been updating on time, at least in my experience. My Clear statement cuts on the 28th and my Plat on the 3rd, and within 5 days after these statements cut, its already updated on my EX report. A few days later, it will update on EQ and TU. 

Message 2 of 8
Cleanmachine
Frequent Contributor

I have two cards.

One has a closing date the 10th of the month and the other has a closing date the 23rd of the month.

Amex updates both cards on the 11th of the month and is (now) one month behind. Use to be anywhere from 2-3 months behind.

Guess I also could be counted as LUCKY.

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yup, my Platinum, Delta Reserve, Gold Prefrred, Blue Sky, and Clear all report a month late! oh well never cary balance on any, I called in to see when i would get my auto rewards card from CLEAR and first argument i got into with a CSR from AMEX, needless to say the manager who was probably listening the whole time broke into the line and fixed the problem and tld me that there "computer" systems were being upgraded to report accurate information in the coming months so who knows??

Message 4 of 8
UpNUp
Regular Contributor

I made my first payment  on my new Amex Green Card  6/1/2010. Recieved an alert on the 6th for a new account and inquiry reporting. I was expecting a drop in my scores. Instead my Transunion shot up 28 points and Equifax 5. Everything I read, a new account is supposed to ding you. Am I special?Smiley Happy Nothing else has changed on my reports to cause a jump in my scores. 

FICO® Score     Report Date    
TransUnion6/6/2010- 755
5/6/2010- 727
Equifax6/6/2010- 714
5/6/2010- 709 

Experian Plus 6/6/2010- 780

Message 5 of 8
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

How many open CC's did you have before this one?

When you look at the myFICO credit reports for the old scores and now the new ones, what has changed in the negatives columns on screen 2? (The list of negatives are the factors that hurt your scores, most significant factor listed first.)

And 'grats on the nice score increase!

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 6 of 8
fused
Moderator Emeritus

@ smallfry!

Here's an update. My Platinum statement cut on 06/03 and the $0 balance has been updated on EX and EQ. I'm still waiting for TU to update. So, from my end, Amex is reporting to the CRAs in a timely fashion.

Message 7 of 8
smallfry
Senior Contributor

@fused wrote:

@ smallfry!

Here's an update. My Platinum statement cut on 06/03 and the $0 balance has been updated on EX and EQ. I'm still waiting for TU to update. So, from my end, Amex is reporting to the CRAs in a timely fashion.

Fused mine reported the first month. Approved 4/4 got the card 4/10. Cut on 4/28. Reported 5/1-5/3 on all three. So far it has not reported on any of the 3 CRA's for the May statement and we are pushing 2 weeks now. I guess it will report the May 28 balance early July. Not a big deal since I am not looking for a loan but if I was I would make sure the card had no action for 2 months prior to a mortgage app. 

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.