Epic Contributor
Creditaddict

Re: AMEX Request a Line Increase - It's Baaack!

is amex really doing anything bad anymore?  I think it's moved on to Bank of America and Amex is back to old self, just don't carry balance for more than 3 months!
Fico Scores: EQ- 626 Overstck., TU 696 Walmart, EX 695 Chase (11-05-14)
You will have to put up Electric Fence to keep me in the garden!
Highest Limit: Navy Federal Cash Sigi Visa $50k (AU)
Lowest Limit: Target $200
66 Cards and Counting :smileytongue:
Regular Contributor
FocusOnFICO

Is it a soft pull if you request up to 2x your credit limit?

Thanks.

Starting Score: TU 766 EQ 788
Current Score: TU 788 EQ 811
Goal Score: TU 800 EQ 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Moderator Emerita
Community Leader
Epic Contributor
haulingthescoreup

The online button is a soft pull. The phone version is often a soft pull, but if you get too bold, I've read that they'll hard you.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Established Contributor
Ulan

JmeSunday wrote:
I've had the Costco True Earnings AMEX since 4/08 at 2k CL and I always PIF.  I've had the LUV button for a while now but I'm honestly scared to try for fear that they'll notice me.  I get my rewards check with my next statement, maybe I'll try it after I cash that check.  That way, if the worst happens, they won't be able to keep it. 

That sounds like a good approach. I have got the button now for a long time on my account page, but I never pressed it. I was hoping they would increase it by themselves at some point, but I guess that that hope will be eternally futile. March it is, then :smileyvery-happy:.

Frequent Contributor
CreditCard101

I still dont see mine anywhere, my CLI button been disappear since August 2009..Whatever AMEX?

Anyhoo, my Intro Rate 0% is expired on April 9, 2010 this year so I gotta pay of my balance and leave it ZERO until i get CLI from AMEX..

15months of 0% is about to come to an end and I'm gonna miss it =(..Anyways it was a good offer for newbie members..Thanks AMEX..

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}