cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX Request a Line Increase - It's Baaack!

tag
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: AMEX Request a Line Increase - It's Baaack!

is amex really doing anything bad anymore?  I think it's moved on to Bank of America and Amex is back to old self, just don't carry balance for more than 3 months!
Message 11 of 15
FocusOnFICO
Regular Contributor

Is it a soft pull if you request up to 2x your credit limit?

Thanks.

Starting Score: TU 766 EQ 788
Current Score: TU 788 EQ 811
Goal Score: TU 800 EQ 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 12 of 15
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

The online button is a soft pull. The phone version is often a soft pull, but if you get too bold, I've read that they'll hard you.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 13 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I've had the Costco True Earnings AMEX since 4/08 at 2k CL and I always PIF.  I've had the LUV button for a while now but I'm honestly scared to try for fear that they'll notice me.  I get my rewards check with my next statement, maybe I'll try it after I cash that check.  That way, if the worst happens, they won't be able to keep it. 

That sounds like a good approach. I have got the button now for a long time on my account page, but I never pressed it. I was hoping they would increase it by themselves at some point, but I guess that that hope will be eternally futile. March it is, then Smiley Very Happy.

Message 14 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I still dont see mine anywhere, my CLI button been disappear since August 2009..Whatever AMEX?

Anyhoo, my Intro Rate 0% is expired on April 9, 2010 this year so I gotta pay of my balance and leave it ZERO until i get CLI from AMEX..

15months of 0% is about to come to an end and I'm gonna miss it =(..Anyways it was a good offer for newbie members..Thanks AMEX..

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.