Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX Reward Dollar Problem

tag
jayman2143
Valued Member

AMEX Reward Dollar Problem

Is anyone else noticing an issue with their AMEX reward dollars not populating correctly? Specifically Blue Cash Preferred card holders? 

I have been involved in an ongoing battle with American Express since March regarding my reward dollars not generating at all. American Express has admitted that my reward dollars have not been populating at all since February of this year. They  have assured me that I am not the only one affected as many BCP card members are experiencing this problem. Every month they tell me an estimated fix of the following end of month. This has been going on for 3-4 months now. At this point I am starting to get frustrated as they now owe me over $100 in reward dollars and counting but I have no access to them.

Is anyone else experiencing a similar problem?  

Message 1 of 30
29 REPLIES 29
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

Re: AMEX Reward Dollar Problem

@jayman2143 wrote:

Is anyone else noticing an issue with their AMEX reward dollars not populating correctly? Specifically Blue Cash Preferred card holders? 

I have been involved in an ongoing battle with American Express since March regarding my reward dollars not generating at all. American Express has admitted that my reward dollars have not been populating at all since February of this year. They  have assured me that I am not the only one affected as many BCP card members are experiencing this problem. Every month they tell me an estimated fix of the following end of month. This has been going on for 3-4 months now. At this point I am starting to get frustrated as they now owe me over $100 in reward dollars and counting but I have no access to them.

Yes, people here have posted about this a few times, with a similar lack of response from Amex.

Message 2 of 30
kdm31091
Super Contributor

Several people have mentioned this has occured with them. I think Amex's reward system on its best day is not very good (delays in rewards, forced $25 increment basically guaranteeing you never cash out 100%), but these delays are truly absurd.

Message 3 of 30
SOGGIE
Valued Contributor

And here I thought I was imagining such. SMH
Life was a lot simpler when what we honored was father and mother, rather than all major credit cards. ~Robert Orben
Message 4 of 30
jayman2143
Valued Member

Well it is somewhat comforting knowing I'm not the only one going through this. Last month I did manage to get American Express to give me a $50 statement credit for all the trouble they have been putting me through. Since it's been another month with no resolution, I will try for and statement credit tomorrow.

In the meantime I have been using my Chase Freedom card which is my second go to card (until I snag the Sapphire Preferred)
Message 5 of 30
SOGGIE
Valued Contributor

Speaking of Chase, I read a lot of consumer complaints regarding Chase not paying cardholders for their cc referrals.
Life was a lot simpler when what we honored was father and mother, rather than all major credit cards. ~Robert Orben
Message 6 of 30
Ghoshida
Valued Contributor

@jayman2143 wrote:

Welcome to the club.

In the same boat since January 2016.

Yes, you read that right. 

The CSRs are downright clueless about it. They're probably lacking enough tech staff to handle this, who knows why.

Message 7 of 30
jayman2143
Valued Member

I am amazed at how clueless the CSR's are. I have called at the end of every month since this started and everytime they are amazed that this problem is happening. I can narrate the whole conversation before even calling.

I did just get off the phone with Amex and spoke to two supervisors and they still don't have a resolution date. Very frustrating considering I pay an annual fee for better rewards and yet said rewards don't even work.
Message 8 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a missing chunk of 10 or so transactions from my rewards count on my EDP. I had been using it as my default card and hitting the 30 transactions, but it April, I think, the counter stopped working. Long story short, I have a case number but no faith that this will be easy to resolve and will be asking for some MRs next go-round with them. I've since switched my default spend to others. I've been debating whether to switch my BCE back to a BCP and use for groceries only (will easily max it in a year) but reading these, I am skeered. 

Message 9 of 30
Ghoshida
Valued Contributor

@jayman2143 wrote:
I am amazed at how clueless the CSR's are. I have called at the end of every month since this started and everytime they are amazed that this problem is happening. I can narrate the whole conversation before even calling.

I did just get off the phone with Amex and spoke to two supervisors and they still don't have a resolution date. Very frustrating considering I pay an annual fee for better rewards and yet said rewards don't even work.

No point in calling or chatting.

It's so hopeless that even the social media reps are not taking any ownership.

You know it's bad when twitter reps start shrugging.

I hope these threads serve as a fair warning against applying for their Blue Cash line of cards.

I'm glad I changed the card from BCP to BCE at the end of last year.

Message 10 of 30
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.