Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX SCORE TO BE APPROVED FOR BCE AND AME

tag
myscore1
New Contributor

Re: AMEX SCORE TO BE APPROVED FOR BCE AND AME

Dont worry too much about the prequalify links. I have never been prequalified for ANY card, and I got the PRG, Platinum and BCP (10k) with a regular online application. It only took on HP from EXP.  Good luck!

EQ 634 TU 628 EX 662 November 2015
EQ 717 TU 675 EX 727 January 2016
Message 11 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got approved for the PRG and BCP card with a 698 EX. I would recommend doing a 2 for 1 and apply for Green since you were pre-approved for that (also, charge cards are easier to get approved fov vs. revolvers), then apply for BCE right after so you only use 1 HP. Best case scenario is you get approved for both with only 1HP!

If you don't get approved for BCE, you can apply at a later date without risking another HP on denial since AMEX will only SP on denials after you establish an account with them.

Message 12 of 14
Closingracer99
Valued Contributor

@creditguy wrote:
A few things to keep in mind. While you could be approved with a lower score say 650 you will more than likely be stuck with a low SL, say $1k or even a rare $500. Once you get stuck in low SL territory it may take some time to get out of there. Not always a good place to start.

Another thing is there's more to approval than score and everyone's approval is different. You could have a decent score but could have high utilization, that's a denial more than likely, decent score and a charge off that's a possible approval. Every case is different and data points are great but they can be all over the map. Take a look at your EX score and overall profile and decide if it's right to pull the trigger, good luck.

I got out pretty quickly. Got my BCE with a limit for $1,000 which became $3,000. Than got the ED with a SL of $3,000. Now I have a $12,000 limit on my ED and $4,000 on my BCE ( transfered some to my Hilton card) and a HHONORs hilton card with a $6,000 limit.

My Cards: Amex BCE: $9,000, Amex Hilton HHonors: $2,000, Amex ED: $12,000, Barclays NFL extra points: $3,000, Bank of America MLB cash rewards: $17,000, BBVA compass NBA Amex triple double rewards: $17,000, Chase Amazon: $1,000, Chase Freedom: $9,000, Chase Sapphire: $5,000, Chase Slate: $5,000, Chase Disney: $4,000, Citi Double Cash: $5,400, Citi AA plat: $5,500, Citi Simplicity: $3,000, Citi Thank you preferred: $8,800, Capital one GM: $2,000, Capital one PlayStation: $3,000, Gamestop: $1,150, Amazon Store: $5,000, Ebay MasterCard: $5,000, American Eagle Storecard: $750, Macy's: $500
EX: 744, TU:750, EQ: 740
Message 13 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Anyone have any opinions on the BCE vs the BCP?  The difference near as I can tell is the $75 AF, but that extra 3% at grocery stores (6% vs 3% back) accordingly to my grocery store spends would more than cover the AF.  I've also heard it's possible to get AF's waived somehow?  Aside from the AF and the different % cash backs, are there any real difference between getting either card?  Is one "tougher" to get approved for than the other, are SL's and CLI's similar with the two, etc?

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.