Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX SHOPRUNNER Changes :(

tag
JaeJae12
Frequent Contributor

AMEX SHOPRUNNER Changes :(

So I utilize the SHOPRUNNER quite often for the free shipping, but got an email today from Amex saying it will comes with changes to this benefit starting May.

As a benefit of your American Express® Card, you have enrolled to receive complimentary ShopRunner membership — valued at $79 annually. We're writing to let you know that, in the future, a minimum order size will be required at certain retailers in order for you to receive ShopRunner free shipping benefits.

Notice of changes to the ShopRunner Card Member Benefit

The ShopRunner Terms and Conditions govern the ShopRunner membership benefit and can be viewed here. They may change from time to time. Accordingly, we are adding the following sentence to the first paragraph of the American Express Benefit Terms and Conditions effective May 1, 2015:

“For details on how the ShopRunner membership works, please see the ShopRunner Terms and Conditions at https://www.shoprunner.com/terms/sr/ which govern the terms of your ShopRunner membership benefit.”

You can review the American Express Benefit Terms and Conditions here at any time.

To learn more about where to use the ShopRunner Card Member Benefit, click here.

Thank you for your Card Membership.

American Express Customer Care

What do ya think?

BCE- 50 k-BOA 123 100k -Freedom unlimited-95k- Citi DC- 200k-CSR 175k
Garden mode

Message 1 of 26
25 REPLIES 25
jsucool76
Super Contributor

Re: AMEX SHOPRUNNER Changes :(

just some minimum order amounts. nbd..

as long as it doesn't effect the free domino's pizza delivery. lol
Message 2 of 26
JoMellow
Established Contributor

Smells like a nerf to me. 

I know personally - I have used the heck out of shoprunner.... hope it's not a major nerfing. 

Original Scores: EQ FICO 645, TU 672, EX FICO 663 (4/2014)
Current Scores: EQ FICO 824, TU 840, EX FICO 826 (3/2018)
Message 3 of 26
pipeguy
Senior Contributor

I read it quickly, but all I see is:

Certain Retailers may require a minimum aggregate order value in order for an order to be eligible for ShopRunner benefits. Please log into your ShopRunner account at check out on a device where ShopRunner is available to ensure you receive all the benefits of your ShopRunner membership.

Does not say a specific minimum order dollar amounmt from what I can see.

Message 4 of 26
chalupaman
Super Contributor

Re: Amex Shoprunner Free Shipping with New Strings Attached

@jsucool76 wrote:

Dun Dun Dunnnn

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/AMEX-SHOPRUNNER-Changes/m-p/3896385#U3896385

Just a minimum purchase amount from some vendors. 

Yeah dude. I saw that thread in hindsight.

Tradelines: Macy’s - $18k, Penfed Power Cash Rewards - $10k, Ethan Allen (TD Bank) - $5.7k, Kay Jewelers - $5.5k, Appliances Connection - $5.3k, Jared - $5.25k, Best Buy (Citi) - $5k, Dell Preferred Account - $3.5k, Samsung - $3.2k, Firestone CFNA - $3.2k, Capital One Platinum - $3k, Mercury MC - $2.25k, Williams Sonoma - $2.1k, Wayfair (Fortiva) - $2k, Amazon Store Card - $1.8k, Apple Card - $1.7k, NFCU cashRewards - $1.5k, CareCredit - $1.5k, B&H Photo - $1.5k, Adorama - $1.25k, Ebay MC - $1k, Sam’s Club MC - $1k, American Eagle - $1k, Ollo MC - $600, Mission Lane Visa - $500, NY & Company - $500, Walgreens - $500, Home Depot - $500, Target RED Card - $500, CapOne Secured MC 0 AF - $500, Penfed Overdraft LOC - $500

Current FICOS: Mid 640s-50s on all reports, Ch 7 BK D/C Aug 2019
Starting scores: EX - 534, EQ - 574, TU - 516 | Total TLs: $91k approx | Total Utilization: 17%, getting this back down
Message 5 of 26
steve23111
Frequent Contributor

Re: Amex Shoprunner Free Shipping with New Strings Attached

I'd rather have Amazon Prime as a benefit.

Granted, I already pay for Amazon Prime, but I'd be happy to stop paying if Amex wanted to toss that in as a perk on one of my cards.  Just sayin'.  Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

they already lost newegg... whats left.. the ocassional tiger direct and dominos?

also I wonder if this is only people who are on the ongoing free month to month amex shoprunner.  My accounts good until 3-2016 so hopefully Im grandfathered in until then.

Message 7 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

I could see keeping PRG if Amazon Prime was added as a benefit.
Message 8 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got the same email as well... It really sucks as I like the free shipping.

Message 9 of 26
onstar
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

they already lost newegg... whats left.. the ocassional tiger direct and dominos?

also I wonder if this is only people who are on the ongoing free month to month amex shoprunner.  My accounts good until 3-2016 so hopefully Im grandfathered in until then.

I think this is a general change happening to ShopRunner. The minimum order value statement is part of the ShopRunner FAQ which applies to all members, not just free members via Amex. Probably there won't be any change for a while. They are probably changing the language to entice more vendors to sign up; some potential vendors may want a minimum requirement.

ShopRunner's exact wording from the FAQ:

ShopRunner retailers may require a minimum order value for orders on their sites to qualify for free 2-day shipping. At this time, no ShopRunner retailers require a minimum order spend to qualify for free 2-day shipping. Any ShopRunner retailers that implement minimum order requirements will be listed in our FAQs.

BK DC 4/9/2018
FICO 08 (4/9/2018): EQ 647 EX 609 TU 620
FICO 08 (10/16/2020): EQ 676 EX 659 TU 653
Message 10 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.