Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX SPG - Declined - Still got HP

tag
QueenBeeOC
Regular Contributor

AMEX SPG - Declined - Still got HP

I am BEEYOND annoyed, first of all I got declined for the AMEX SPG and then I got notification that they hard pulled me. Should I call and make them remove it? 

Smiley Mad

Southwest: $9k - Discover It $1,900 - Amazon $2,900 - CAP1 - $1,500 - QuickSilver (FKA Orchard) - $900 - J. Crew $1K - LOFT $1K - Nordstroms $1K - Amex BCE - $3,000
Scores: Credit Karma 687, Credit Sesame 660- EQ 643 - EX 665 (from Amex)- TQ 655 Lender Pull: 693

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Involver
Valued Contributor

Re: AMEX SPG - Declined - Still got HP

Why in the world would they remove the HP?

Message 2 of 6
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@Involver wrote:

Why in the world would they remove the HP?

typically if you are already an amex cardholder they don't hp if they deny you for more cards, just hp if approved.

Message 3 of 6
Involver
Valued Contributor

Oh okay, I didn't look through OPs sig before commenting.  

In any event, though, they had permissible purpose, even if generally they will do SP declines to current card holders.  I'm not sure you would have much of an argument.

Message 4 of 6
Pat94108
Frequent Contributor

Is the SP rule truly a rule of thumb ? It's possible you were borderline so they HP'ed you but maybe contact them and ask. There is no harm. 

Message 5 of 6
navigatethis12
Valued Contributor

@Involver wrote:

Oh okay, I didn't look through OPs sig before commenting.  

In any event, though, they had permissible purpose, even if generally they will do SP declines to current card holders.  I'm not sure you would have much of an argument.

I agree with this. Unless their terms say that no hard inquiry will be done, you really can't argue anything. I'm not sure if even the analysts know that the system does that with inquiries or not.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.