Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX SPG card.. when should I apply?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

AMEX SPG card.. when should I apply?

Hi,

I have average credit score of about 720, but recently declined for AMEX Blue Cash card..

They said that I have too many recent inquiries (3 during last couple months), high credit utilization ratio(will pay off in full by this month), and

short average credit history(oldest credit 6.5 years and average is 3 years). I'm a SPG gold member due to long business trip I just had which is paid

by my employer. I really want to apply for Amex SPG card to save up more points, but I don't think I have a chance to get approved right now..

Is SPG Amex card easier to get approved than Blue Cash? Also how long should I wait until I apply for the card?

Thank you!

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: AMEX SPG card.. when should I apply?

I would start with a charge card, then in 6 months apply for any amex credit card you want.

Message 2 of 5
Watchmann
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi,

I have average credit score of about 720, but recently declined for AMEX Blue Cash card..

They said that I have too many recent inquiries (3 during last couple months), high credit utilization ratio(will pay off in full by this month), and

short average credit history(oldest credit 6.5 years and average is 3 years). I'm a SPG gold member due to long business trip I just had which is paid

by my employer. I really want to apply for Amex SPG card to save up more points, but I don't think I have a chance to get approved right now..

Is SPG Amex card easier to get approved than Blue Cash? Also how long should I wait until I apply for the card?

Thank you!

I would think the SPG card is at least as hard to get as the Blue Cash, maybe even more so.  With your details I don't think you could get it. 

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

What about Costco Amex? Will I have a chance to get approved for that card within 3-6 months?

Message 4 of 5
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

the easiest way to get in bed with amex credit cards is to have a charge card with them for 6 months and use it a lot

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.