zerosky

AMEX SPG card.. when should I apply?

[ Edited ]

Hi,

I have average credit score of about 720, but recently declined for AMEX Blue Cash card..

They said that I have too many recent inquiries (3 during last couple months), high credit utilization ratio(will pay off in full by this month), and

short average credit history(oldest credit 6.5 years and average is 3 years). I'm a SPG gold member due to long business trip I just had which is paid

by my employer. I really want to apply for Amex SPG card to save up more points, but I don't think I have a chance to get approved right now..

Is SPG Amex card easier to get approved than Blue Cash? Also how long should I wait until I apply for the card?

Thank you!

Epic Contributor
Creditaddict

Re: AMEX SPG card.. when should I apply?

I would start with a charge card, then in 6 months apply for any amex credit card you want.

Fico Scores: EQ- 653 Cap1., TU 696 Walmart, EX 695 Chase (11-05-14)
You will have to put up Electric Fence to keep me in the garden!
Highest Limit: Navy Federal Cash Sigi Visa $50k (AU)
Lowest Limit: Target $200
65 Cards and Counting :smileytongue:
Established Contributor
Watchmann

zerosky wrote:

Hi,

I have average credit score of about 720, but recently declined for AMEX Blue Cash card..

They said that I have too many recent inquiries (3 during last couple months), high credit utilization ratio(will pay off in full by this month), and

short average credit history(oldest credit 6.5 years and average is 3 years). I'm a SPG gold member due to long business trip I just had which is paid

by my employer. I really want to apply for Amex SPG card to save up more points, but I don't think I have a chance to get approved right now..

Is SPG Amex card easier to get approved than Blue Cash? Also how long should I wait until I apply for the card?

Thank you!

I would think the SPG card is at least as hard to get as the Blue Cash, maybe even more so.  With your details I don't think you could get it. 

zerosky

What about Costco Amex? Will I have a chance to get approved for that card within 3-6 months?

Epic Contributor
Creditaddict

the easiest way to get in bed with amex credit cards is to have a charge card with them for 6 months and use it a lot

Fico Scores: EQ- 653 Cap1., TU 696 Walmart, EX 695 Chase (11-05-14)
You will have to put up Electric Fence to keep me in the garden!
Highest Limit: Navy Federal Cash Sigi Visa $50k (AU)
Lowest Limit: Target $200
65 Cards and Counting :smileytongue:

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}