Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX Senior Gold

tag
thom02099
Valued Contributor

AMEX Senior Gold

Simple question...

Anyone have an AMEX Gold for Seniors card?  If so, did you apply outright for it, or did you PC from another charge card?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita
Message 2 of 6
thom02099
Valued Contributor

Re: AMEX Senior Gold

@09Lexie wrote:
Bump

Thanks Lexie!  Gotta be SOMEONE out there that has one! 

Message 3 of 6
911GT3
Established Member

The way that I am aware is via a PC with customer service. Have never seen a link to apply on their US website at least. It's a lower annual fee....also if you don't want a MR rewards program any longer then the fees goes even lower . makes sense. you can also get a senior green card for like a $35 annual fee I believe .
Message 4 of 6
andre181
Established Contributor

I have the Senior Green without MR. I PC'd from PRG. 

I called and asked if it was possible to go down to Zync (this was just a few months after Zync was discontinued), and was told I couldn't. But for only $10 more than Zync, I could get the Senior Member Green Card without MR. I accepted. MR doesn't mean much to me since I don't use the card much at all. I just want to keep it for the history. 

$35/year is worth it to me. 

Discover IT $35K | FNBO Visa $30K | Cash+ Visa Sig $19.5K | Southwest Premier $16K | Priceline $15K | Citi Forward $14.3K | US Bank Plat $14K | Commerce Bank $13K | CSP $13K | CSR $10K | Sallie Mae World MC $10K | Lowe’s Consumer 10K | BoA Cash Rewards 1-2-3 Sig $7.5K | Fidelity Visa $7K | Citi Double Cash $6.5K | WF Cash Back Visa $5.4K | Capital One Cash Rewards $5K | AMEX BCE $3.9K | Freedom $2.5K | Younkers/Comenity $2.4K | Kohl’s 1.5K | Target $1.4K | EX FICO (from AMEX): 768, TU FICO (from Discover): 797, AAoA: 4.4 years
Message 5 of 6
Stiga9
Regular Contributor

@andre181 wrote:

I have the Senior Green without MR. I PC'd from PRG. 

I called and asked if it was possible to go down to Zync (this was just a few months after Zync was discontinued), and was told I couldn't. But for only $10 more than Zync, I could get the Senior Member Green Card without MR. I accepted. MR doesn't mean much to me since I don't use the card much at all. I just want to keep it for the history. 

$35/year is worth it to me. 

That is great, I plan to do it as well. But to be sure, I don't have to be a senior, right?

Do you even earn MR express points? or NO points at all?

Edit: I found a lot of my questions answered on this thread: http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/AMEX-Zync-PC-thread/m-p/2442149#M693416

However, a new question arose! I posted a new question on that thread...

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.