cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX Sky Blue Preferred Better Than I Thought!!!!

tag
ArisGreek
Frequent Contributor

AMEX Sky Blue Preferred Better Than I Thought!!!!

I just got my Sky Blue Preferred in the mail and I was very surprised at the rewards. The details in your welcome packet cover more ground than the website.  

You earn points in the Sky Rewards Program.  You earn double points on dining, hotel, and car rental purchases and 1 pt on everything else.  You can redeem a $100 statement credit for 7,500 points on any travel-related purchase. For example, you have a $300 flight you purchased on your Sky Blue Preferred and you redeem 7,500 points...They will credit you $100 off that fare after your bill comes out -- assuming you choose to do so.  The only caveat is that you can only redeem points in 7,500 increments for travel purchase credit of $100.

You can also redeem for a cash reward, too! For 6,500 points you can get up to a $50 statement credit -- but the credit cannot be more than the statement balance.  So if you have an outstanding balance of $83, you can redeem 6,500 points for a $50 credit.  You can also do gift card rewards starting at 3,250 points. 

Gift Card Awards

• $25 AMEX Gift card 3,250 points
  • $50 AMEX Gift card 6,500 points
  • $50 AMEX Gas card 6,500 points
  • $100 AMEX Gas card 13,000 points
  • $25 AMEX Movie card 3,250 points
  • $50 AMEX Movie card 6,500 points
  • $50 AMEX Dining card 6,500 points
  • $100 AMEX Dining card 1,300 points
Travel Award Credits
$100 Travel Statement Credit  7,500 points
$200 Travel Statement Credit 15,000 points
$300 Travel Statement Credit 22,500 points (and so on)
Cash Awards Credits
$50 Statement Credit 6,500 points
$100 Statement Credit 13,000 points (I'm guessing -- Would not let me see past $50 since I didn't have enough points)
And lastly, if you buy airfare on this card, your annual $100 airline perks credit can be used. So for example, if you purchased a flight to go from Boston to San Francisco and you wanted say a sandwich on the flight. You can charge it to your AMEX and then you call them up after your bill and they will credit the cost of the sandwich to your account. I think they said it's 4-6 weeks for the credit but who cares.  You can use it on in-flight wifi, blankets, food, cocktails, baggage fees, headphones, in-air phone calls on the plane, leg room upgrades, movies, tv etc.  
I think this is a fantastic card and will enjoy it! I think it's def worth the $75 annual fee.  I just think the $100 gift card rewards are a little steep.  Because on my AMEX Zync I can get a $100 Banana Republic gift card for 10,000 points.  
-Mike

===========
TU: 745(TU98) | EQ: 774 | EX: ? | NO BADDIES!
What's in my wallet? AMEX Platinum, United Presidential Plus World Elite MC, AMEX JetBlue, Nordstrom Visa Sig, Chase Sapphire Preferred, Discover More, AMEX Zync, Citi AAdvantage Plat Select Visa, Banana Republic, Home Depot
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
danisgods
Regular Contributor

Re: AMEX Sky Blue Preferred Better Than I Thought!!!!

i have received an email , kind of like "presenting the card to me " so i didn't apply , not sure if it was a pre-select offer or something probably not, so i never applied , but i did read the stuff it sounded pretty good, also im not applying for anything untill tghe end of march 2011, i have to let some inquiries go away.... and age up some of my accounts: )

Starting Score: TU 715 EQ 704
Current Score: TU 715 EQ 704
Goal Score: 760-780

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 6
ArisGreek
Frequent Contributor

I did a product change with AMEX. I didn't even know you could until the lady suggested it. That was a surprise!

===========
What's in my wallet? AMEX Platinum, United Presidential Plus World Elite MC, AMEX JetBlue, Nordstrom Visa Sig, Chase Sapphire Preferred, Discover More, AMEX Zync, Citi AAdvantage Plat Select Visa, Banana Republic, Home Depot
Message 3 of 6
danisgods
Regular Contributor

thats new for me too , didn't know that. thanks.

Starting Score: TU 715 EQ 704
Current Score: TU 715 EQ 704
Goal Score: 760-780

Message 4 of 6
clocktick
Valued Contributor

Is 1 point equivalent to $1 spent?

11/30/08 TU 648 EX 672 EQ 656 SEPT 2014 TU 787 EX 789 EQ ???
Amex BCP $24.1K/Clear $8.5- Sallie Mae $27.5 -Cap One QS $7.5 - Chase Freedom $7.5/United $5k/CSP $20k/Ink- Citi DP $9.5/Dividend $13k/HHHx2 $15k/16.4/Reserve $4.5k Best Buy $1940 HD $1701- Discover IT $15k - Elan $8k GEMB Lowes $20k - Macy's $2k - Kohl's $800

Starting Score: 648
Current Score: 736
Goal Score: 765

Message 5 of 6
ArisGreek
Frequent Contributor

Yes. However for hotels, dining, and car rentals you have double points per dollar.

===========
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.