Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX Soft or Hard Pull?

tag
Bones
New Contributor

AMEX Soft or Hard Pull?

Has anyone tried or does anybody know if this link is a soft pull or a hard pull?  I have not tried it as I do not want to chance the possibility of it being a hard.  I have 8 inquiries on EX and I have heard that is who they pull. I think 8 would be grounds for denial.  If I knew it was a soft, I'd give it a go...   Thanks.

https://www304.americanexpress.com/credit-card#!view-your-special-offers

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: AMEX Soft or Hard Pull?

IIRC its a Soft.
Message 2 of 5
TNTransplant
Established Contributor

@Bones wrote:

Has anyone tried or does anybody know if this link is a soft pull or a hard pull?  I have not tried it as I do not want to chance the possibility of it being a hard.  I have 8 inquiries on EX and I have heard that is who they pull. I think 8 would be grounds for denial.  If I knew it was a soft, I'd give it a go...   Thanks.

https://www304.americanexpress.com/credit-card#!view-your-special-offers

ashkev is correct, it is a SP.

FWIW, I checked for "My Offers" on this site probably 20 times over the past 3 months, and never did get any offers.  However, after 6 months of no inquiries, I bit the bullet and applied last week and was approved for both the Green card and BCP.

I had 11 total inquiries on EX, with only 4 in the past year and none in the past 6 months.  My current scores when I applied are noted below - I will update with an EX score when I finally get my BCP. 

Hope this helps... Smiley Happy 

Starting Score: Jan 2012: EQ - 659, TU08 - 670, EX - ???
Current Score:April 2014: EQ - 772, TU08 - 782, EX - 754
Last App:3/21/14

Message 3 of 5
Bones
New Contributor

Thanks for the info.  I went ahead and tried it and got the following message..........

Sorry we are unable to find any existing offers for you at this time.  If you're already a Cardmember. Click here to view exclusive Cardmember offers.

Is that the message you were receiving as well?

Message 4 of 5
TNTransplant
Established Contributor

@Bones wrote:

Thanks for the info.  I went ahead and tried it and got the following message..........

Sorry we are unable to find any existing offers for you at this time.  If you're already a Cardmember. Click here to view exclusive Cardmember offers.

Is that the message you were receiving as well?

Exactly.  

And it was disheartening, because I kept wondering what was so bad that I couldn't even get an offer for one of their charge cards... Smiley Tongue

Starting Score: Jan 2012: EQ - 659, TU08 - 670, EX - ???
Current Score:April 2014: EQ - 772, TU08 - 782, EX - 754
Last App:3/21/14

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.