cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX Spree, what next?

tag
RollingStone

AMEX Spree, what next?

I want to thank everybody on the forum for guiding me in the right direction. I was able to set a 6 month goal of getting an Amex and while I was at it, I applied for another. I got approved in store for the Costco card and when I got home I applied for the Blue Cash Card too. I was approved for both cards after waiting 5 days on the second card app.  Thanks for all of the advice and I could not have done it without everybody's advice on the forum.  My question is where do I go from here? I want to get a 1st time mortgage in the next 12-18 months and I am doing away with my starter/rebuilder SHOWCard. I want to add another heavy hitter to my arsenal. I have a 10K limit on NFCU, 5K Amex Costco, 5K Amex Blue Cash, and 5K AU Wells Fargo account. I am also a member of USAA but was not sure about their credit line? I want to add another 5-10K card to my arsenal. What should I app for before I go off to the garden. My USAA Fako scores are 725EX, 737 EQ, 742TU. Don't be fooled by my Fako scores. My EX Official FICO from AMEX was at 661. Thanks for the advice....   Smiley Happy

NFCU 10K, Local CU 10K, AMEX Blue 6.5K, AMEX Costco 5K, WFargo 5K, Cap One 2K
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: AMEX Spree, what next?

Wecome to the forums!

Figure out if you have any credit card reward needs not being met between the Costco TE/BCx.

Find a card that fits that list (or two even), app for them, and then sit on your hands till mortgage.  USAA isn't a bad option if you're a full member, it just isn't much to write home about other than sometimes good CL's and $0 AF compared to your other cards.  I'd suggest that as a fallback plan if you're simply trying to recycle your starter cards and don't have anything rewards-wise you need.

        
Message 2 of 6
RollingStone

What about a card that will continue to give large CLI and a great starting balance of $5K. Do you have any suggstions? What am I missing from my collection. I forgot I also have a 500 starter card with Cap1 and I am waiting on my 6 month CLI too. Who competes with large starting balances similar to AMEX?

Message 3 of 6
manwoot
Frequent Contributor

Chase Sapphire might be a good choice. They gave me my highest initial credit limit of all my cards.

Message 4 of 6
RollingStone

Do you suggest that I wait for the 2 AMEX cards to post to my report before I app for my last card? Would it be detrimental or beneficial to wait till the 2 cards post to my CR?

Message 5 of 6
CBTS
Frequent Contributor

@RollingStone wrote:

Do you suggest that I wait for the 2 AMEX cards to post to my report before I app for my last card? Would it be detrimental or beneficial to wait till the 2 cards post to my CR?

I'd wait for them to show up.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.