Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX-Third Time's The Charm?

tag
Credit-hoarder
Valued Contributor

AMEX-Third Time's The Charm?

So with the year almost over, was debating on if I should try a third time for an AMEX charge card? My credit report has improved immensely over the last 4 mos. and my EX score has gone from 637 when I was first denied to 696 via. myFico as of today. About 8 INQ's on EX-2 from my previous 2 AMEX apps-2 from car shopping back in April. UTL. right now at about 4 to 5%. Have had a few CLI's this month. Still have some very old baddies on my reports, but have only had 3 denials (2 from AMEX) up to this point for credit cards. Was waiting on Discover to update with my new CL this month, but it hasn't happened yet. Was denied last in early Oct. (AMEX) basically for revolving credit inexperience. Thoughts?

BUSINESS
Rewards Pts.-Miles: UR-MR-TYP-Venture
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: AMEX-Third Time's The Charm?

IMO would wait for all the CLIs to update. Discover has a glitch in their system it takes 2 statement cuts from the time of the CLI for them to update anything with the CRAs. You could use this to your advantage if you had to put off paying for purchases for 2 months as they wont update the balance either until the 2nd statement cuts.

Message 2 of 4
Credit-hoarder
Valued Contributor

@gdale6: Yeah-I thought it was taking a long time for the CRA's to update since I already have my lastest Discover statement reflecting my new CL. Only problem is I wanted to try for AMEX before the end of year for the 2013 date. The only one of my four CLI's to report to the CRA's so far is Best Buy. The other's might not report until the very end of the month and that could be cutting it too close IMO.

BUSINESS
Rewards Pts.-Miles: UR-MR-TYP-Venture
Message 3 of 4
myjourney
Super Contributor

Go for the BCE your a member now 

in most cases same HP 

Good luck

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.