Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX Transfer CL Question

tag
SecretAzure
Valued Contributor

Re: AMEX Transfer CL Question

@K-in-Boston wrote:

Just to clarify again, there is a huge difference between AmEx asking for POI when you request a CLI and an actual Financial Review.  Asking for tax transcripts is just them certifying that your income is real, and it is optional - you can just ask for a lower credit limit increase.  A financial review is not optional and AmEx freezes all of your accounts until it is completed.  I have not read of anyone triggering a FR due to asking for a CLI.  Be late or miss some payments, suddenly hit 90% overall utilization, etc... yes, but CLI no.

Thank you for clarifying, I did not know there was a difference but this is all very good to know.

Proof of Income (POI): 

• Can be requested on CLI
  • Can be circumvented by requesting a lower limit
  • Asking for tax transcripts

Financial Review (FR):

• Can not be triggered on a CLI
  • Can not be circumvented by any means
  • Freezes your accounts
"Show your thanks with action! Hit the "Kudos" button (the stripe with the star) for every post you find helpful to show your appreciation to the community of great individuals who help you on these forums" -Me

Active Cards: Chevron Texaco, Amex BCE, Barclays Ring, Chase Freedom, Chase Freedom Unlimited, Best Buy Visa, Marvel MCMust garden until 2/1/2022 to hit my goal AAOA. Smiley Indifferent
Message 11 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.