Reply
Moderator Emeritus
Posts: 7,225
Registered: ‎09-16-2011
0

Re: AMEX Travel

[ Edited ]

Possibly but I'm not sure about chase UR partners.

 

I should note that British Airways points can be redeemed for flights on American Airlines.  I have not done this yet... but some members do this.

 

I just did some research... Both UR points and MR points can be transferred to British Airways.. so you can combine points if you wanted to.

 

UA points will not transfer to Aeroplan... So you can't combine points but if two people were traveling together you could purchase one ticket with UA points and one ticket with Aeroplan points.


Starting Score: 08/29/2011 TU 671 EQ 674
Current Score: TU 754 EQ 694 EX 697
Wallet: NFCU Visa Sig 25k, Amex Lowes 22k, NavCheck 15k, Amex PRG, Amex Zync, Discover It 13.5k, Amazon Visa 5k
Platinum Spade Garden Club Member: App Free since 1/1/13. No more apps til who knows when?
MyFICO Fitness Goal: 800s Club!



Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Senior Contributor
Posts: 4,694
Registered: ‎02-23-2011
0

Re: AMEX Travel


webhopper wrote:

Possibly but I'm not sure about chase UR partners.

 

I should note that British Airways points can be redeemed for flights on American Airlines.  I have not done this yet... but some members do this.


For short hauls, since both BA and AA are OneWorld, the BA miles are great for redeeming for AA flights, especially for those who have gotten the 100K BA bonus and transferred to BA when MR was offering 50% and 100% (?) transfer bonuses.

 

UR can only transfer 1:1 to UA, SW and BA.  However, the transfer to UA 1:1 is invaluable, since no other program can transfer to UA 1:1.

Established Contributor
Posts: 586
Registered: ‎02-22-2011
0

Re: AMEX Travel

Whats UA? Is that United Airlines? Or U.S. Airways?

CL-5kNPSLCL-3.6kCL-4kCL-7.5kCL-7kCL 7.9kCL-4.2k
GARDENING SINCE 07/13/13
Established Contributor
Posts: 586
Registered: ‎02-22-2011
0

Re: AMEX Travel

All this stuff is so much to remember.lol. I feel like I'm confusing myself...

 

I'm looking to find out the best way I can get the most out of my points. So bear with me....

 

Let me get this straight...For me, I have UR with Chase. I have MR with amex too, but I just used all my points. So I'm most likely going to be using my CSP as my main card for UR. In order for me to get the most out of UR, I'd have to transfer to BA, then redeem from BA to AA?? How can I transfer to Aeroplan??

 

Is that not possible???

 

Or better question...

 

WHAT IS THE BEST WAY TO UTILIZE MY UR POINTS THROUGH CHASE??? lol

CL-5kNPSLCL-3.6kCL-4kCL-7.5kCL-7kCL 7.9kCL-4.2k
GARDENING SINCE 07/13/13
Moderator Emeritus
Posts: 7,225
Registered: ‎09-16-2011
0

Re: AMEX Travel

You can transfer UR points to United Airline and use them there.

 

The best way to figure out how to use your points is to look at the points redemption required for the same trip on British Airway, Vs. United.  Go with the one that costs less points... you have to comparison shop


Starting Score: 08/29/2011 TU 671 EQ 674
Current Score: TU 754 EQ 694 EX 697
Wallet: NFCU Visa Sig 25k, Amex Lowes 22k, NavCheck 15k, Amex PRG, Amex Zync, Discover It 13.5k, Amazon Visa 5k
Platinum Spade Garden Club Member: App Free since 1/1/13. No more apps til who knows when?
MyFICO Fitness Goal: 800s Club!



Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Established Contributor
Posts: 586
Registered: ‎02-22-2011
0

Re: AMEX Travel

GOTCHA!! Will do! I'll start doing that. I've already earned about 8k points with Rapid Rewards with SW. Just from my past flights with them...I don't like flying SW though. I'd rather fly on a different airline

CL-5kNPSLCL-3.6kCL-4kCL-7.5kCL-7kCL 7.9kCL-4.2k
GARDENING SINCE 07/13/13
Senior Contributor
Posts: 4,694
Registered: ‎02-23-2011
0

Re: AMEX Travel


zeusta20 wrote:

All this stuff is so much to remember.lol. I feel like I'm confusing myself...


It is pretty daunting at first, but it's so much fun and rewarding!

 

In general:

 

1.  International premium cabin flights - UA with Star Alliance has excellent redemptions.  For pacific Asia, Cathy with OneWorld has great deals at 90K business class to SE Asia.

 

2.  Domestic short haul - BA - AA for short flights; SW is great for domestic.  I wouldn't use UA for domestic flights, unless you have no choice.

 

3. US Airways has some good deals set to expire with the AA merger if you can manage the miles.  90K business class to Asia; 100K for business class to Austraila; and, 140K for First class to Australia.

 

Figure out where you often fly and your cabin class preference.  This will guide you towards the programs with the most value, and then you can start by earning and transferring the appropriate points.

Established Contributor
Posts: 586
Registered: ‎02-22-2011
0

Re: AMEX Travel


Open123 wrote:

zeusta20 wrote:

All this stuff is so much to remember.lol. I feel like I'm confusing myself...


It is pretty daunting at first, but it's so much fun and rewarding!

 

In general:

 

1.  International premium cabin flights - UA with Star Alliance has excellent redemptions.  For pacific Asia, Cathy with OneWorld has great deals at 90K business class to SE Asia.

 

2.  Domestic short haul - BA - AA for short flights; SW is great for domestic.  I wouldn't use UA for domestic flights, unless you have no choice.

 

3. US Airways has some good deals set to expire with the AA merger if you can manage the miles.  90K business class to Asia; 100K for business class to Austraila; and, 140K for First class to Australia.

 

Figure out where you often fly and your cabin class preference.  This will guide you towards the programs with the most value, and then you can start by earning and transferring the appropriate points.


Oh wow! No way! lol.

 

Thanks! That is DEF good to know. I've said it before, but I really feel like this is the "rewards" version of "Extreme Couponing" lol.

CL-5kNPSLCL-3.6kCL-4kCL-7.5kCL-7kCL 7.9kCL-4.2k
GARDENING SINCE 07/13/13
Contributor
Posts: 81
Registered: ‎08-02-2011
0

Re: AMEX Travel


webhopper wrote:

You can use some points and charge the rest.

 

The real value in booking travel with Amex using your points comes from transferring those points to airline partners to exchange for free tickets :smileyvery-happy:


+1 Plus, AMEX offers promos with Delta all the time where you'll get 1.5 miles per MR and/or MQMs for elite status!

NFCU (7000) | Freedom Visa (2400) | DM (2500) | AMEX Plat (7000) | Amazon.com (1800) | GapCard ($750) | Closed: Barclays (1500) | Cap1 ($750) | BoA 1-2-3 Rewards (2500) | Gardening til mid-autumn 2015 for that Delta Platinum AMEX

Starting Score: 608 (2015) 702 (2012), 653 (2011)
Current Score: 685 699 8/6/11 717 8/30/11 712 12/6/11 714 across the board 1/12/12 685 EX FICO 3/1/14
2015 Goal Score: 755


Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Established Contributor
Posts: 586
Registered: ‎02-22-2011
0

Re: AMEX Travel


elpo9 wrote:

webhopper wrote:

You can use some points and charge the rest.

 

The real value in booking travel with Amex using your points comes from transferring those points to airline partners to exchange for free tickets :smileyvery-happy:


+1 Plus, AMEX offers promos with Delta all the time where you'll get 1.5 miles per MR and/or MQMs for elite status!


Hmmm, really?? I haven't seen those promos yet. I'm going to have to keep an eye out on the amex website for these.

CL-5kNPSLCL-3.6kCL-4kCL-7.5kCL-7kCL 7.9kCL-4.2k
GARDENING SINCE 07/13/13
Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on actual applicant approvals and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.