Did you mean: 

AMEX TrueEarnings Invitation

tag
G19OD
Contributor

AMEX TrueEarnings Invitation

I got this in my email:

"Invitation to Earn 50 Dollars Cash Back"

And then it goes into explaining spend $500 in first 3 months for a statement credit of $50. It doesn't say anything about pre-approval, but it was sent from AMEX. I do want this card.

Worth a shot? I have only had my Zync for 1 statement cut (Roughly a month and a half).

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Cdnewmanpac
Established Contributor

Re: AMEX TrueEarnings Invitation

Interesting. I had assumed this was a generic email (I got one too), since it didn't include any "opt out" language. but mine offered a $75 statement credit with $1000 spent in first 3 months, so there must be some degree of targeting.

In wallet: Ink Plus 10k, AMEX TE 25k. In bag: CSP 16k, USAA WMC 15k, Hyatt 13k, United MPE 12k, AMEX HHonors 3k. In SD: Cap 1 QS 5k, Discover IT 7k. FICO 08 says my EQ is now 844, was 510 in 2010.
Message 2 of 10
CribDuchess
Established Contributor

I got the same offer in my email today, but it was sent by Costco, not Amex.  It's tempting, especially since we shop at Costco a couple times per month.  But I already have 3 Amex cards now, not sure I need a 4th, even if it would give me another 23 years factoring into my AAoA.

FICOs: TU08 842 EQ08 850 EX08 850

My Wallet: Amex Gold NPSL; Amex Optima Platinum $25K; Amex BCE $12K; Apple Card $20K; BofA Travel Rewards Visa Sig $67.6K; Cap1 Quicksilver Visa Sig $10K; CSP $28.2K; Chase Freedom $13K; Chase Freedom Unlimited $21.4K; Citi Costco Visa $19.3K; Citi Double Cash $13.5K; Citi Simplicity Visa $23.3K; Discover IT $50K; Fidelity Visa $25K; NFCU Flagship Visa Sig $40K; NFCU More Rewards Amex $30K; PenFed Plat Rewards Visa Sig $50K; Sears MC $10.1K; US Bank Altitude Go Visa Sig $20K; US Bank Cash+ Visa Sig $26K; Wells Fargo Rewards Visa Sig $14K
Message 3 of 10
searchingfor67
Established Contributor

@G19OD wrote:

I got this in my email:

"Invitation to Earn 50 Dollars Cash Back"

And then it goes into explaining spend $500 in first 3 months for a statement credit of $50. It doesn't say anything about pre-approval, but it was sent from AMEX. I do want this card.

Worth a shot? I have only had my Zync for 1 statement cut (Roughly a month and a half).

In my opinion, if you really want the card, then go for it, you have nothing to loose. Since you are currently an Amex cardholder, if you are denied, it's only a soft pull. It's only a hard pull if you are approved...

TU FICO: 772 (Discover) • Exp FICO: 772 (Citi)

Amex BCE $13K | Amex Costco TE $10.4K | Amex SPG $5K | Chase Freedom Visa Signature $15K | Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature $15K | Chase Ink Plus World Elite MC $5K | Citi TY Preferred World MC $10.1K | Citi Forward $10K | Citi Diamond Pref $7.6K | Discover IT $9.9K | JP Morgan Chase Select Visa Signature $9.2K | NFCU CashRew Visa Sig $25K | NFCU LOC $15K | NFL Visa Signature (Saints) $8.1K | USAA Amex $11.3K | USAA World MC $11.5K
Message 4 of 10
CK_Charles_Lover
Regular Contributor

Got the $50 from costco to, and I have a GPR card and a revolver (BCE).  Its from costco not amex, but I say if you want it go for it, only a SP. 

Trans Union Fico (Walmart) ,690 Experian Fico (Amex) 686(Opened 3 new accounts this month. In the Garden)

AMEX BCE ($19,500) AMEX PRG -(NPSL), BARCLAYS US AIR PREMIER WORLD ($10,000), BOA CASH REWARD -($6,000), CITI HILTON RESERVE SIGGY-(5,000), WALMART DISCOVER ( $5,800), CITI DIAMOND ($4,700), CITI DIVIDED WORLD ($4,500), AMAZON STORE($5,000), NORDSTROM VISA SIG($5,000), PAYPAL STORE ($4,000) Amex Delta Gold ($2000)
Message 5 of 10
searchingfor67
Established Contributor

@CK_Charles_Lover wrote:

Got the $50 from costco to, and I have a GPR card and a revolver (BCE).  Its from costco not amex, but I say if you want it go for it, only a SP. 

I may have misinterpreted, but are you saying that the TE card is not from Amex? If so, then that's not an accurate statement. The Costco TE card is in fact an Amex card that comes from Amex, and unlike some cobranded cards, you can either apply on the Amex website (slight delay until they verify costco membership) or at any Costco store.

Amex BCE $13K | Amex Costco TE $10.4K | Amex SPG $5K | Chase Freedom Visa Signature $15K | Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature $15K | Chase Ink Plus World Elite MC $5K | Citi TY Preferred World MC $10.1K | Citi Forward $10K | Citi Diamond Pref $7.6K | Discover IT $9.9K | JP Morgan Chase Select Visa Signature $9.2K | NFCU CashRew Visa Sig $25K | NFCU LOC $15K | NFL Visa Signature (Saints) $8.1K | USAA Amex $11.3K | USAA World MC $11.5K
Message 6 of 10
Cdnewmanpac
Established Contributor

@searchingfor67 wrote:

@CK_Charles_Lover wrote:

Got the $50 from costco to, and I have a GPR card and a revolver (BCE).  Its from costco not amex, but I say if you want it go for it, only a SP. 

I may have misinterpreted, but are you saying that the TE card is not from Amex? If so, then that's not an accurate statement. The Costco TE card is in fact an Amex card that comes from Amex, and unlike some cobranded cards, you can either apply on the Amex website (slight delay until they verify costco membership) or at any Costco store.

The EMAIL comes from Costco, not Amex. That is the "it's" being referred to. An earlier poster described the email as coming from Amex.

In wallet: Ink Plus 10k, AMEX TE 25k. In bag: CSP 16k, USAA WMC 15k, Hyatt 13k, United MPE 12k, AMEX HHonors 3k. In SD: Cap 1 QS 5k, Discover IT 7k. FICO 08 says my EQ is now 844, was 510 in 2010.
Message 7 of 10
Cdnewmanpac
Established Contributor

So are those of you who got the $50 offer regular or executive members? Trying to figure out why my offer is different. 

Message 8 of 10
CK_Charles_Lover
Regular Contributor

I got the $50 sign up and I'm a regular member. 

@searchingfor67

Yes the Costco card is from Amex, but the email is a mass sent out email to everyone from COSTCO, trying to get you to sign-up. Not from AMEX (not a pre-approval) I did get 1 pre approved letter in the mail for costco about 6 months ago. That was from Amex.  Just like because I'm a hilton honors member I get e-mails from Hilton (for Citi and Amex) every other day for Hilton Cards. Not pre-approvals but from HILTON wanting me to sign up. 

Trans Union Fico (Walmart) ,690 Experian Fico (Amex) 686(Opened 3 new accounts this month. In the Garden)

AMEX BCE ($19,500) AMEX PRG -(NPSL), BARCLAYS US AIR PREMIER WORLD ($10,000), BOA CASH REWARD -($6,000), CITI HILTON RESERVE SIGGY-(5,000), WALMART DISCOVER ( $5,800), CITI DIAMOND ($4,700), CITI DIVIDED WORLD ($4,500), AMAZON STORE($5,000), NORDSTROM VISA SIG($5,000), PAYPAL STORE ($4,000) Amex Delta Gold ($2000)
Message 9 of 10
searchingfor67
Established Contributor

@CK_Charles_Lover wrote:

I got the $50 sign up and I'm a regular member. 

@searchingfor67

Yes the Costco card is from Amex, but the email is a mass sent out email to everyone from COSTCO, trying to get you to sign-up. Not from AMEX (not a pre-approval) I did get 1 pre approved letter in the mail for costco about 6 months ago. That was from Amex.  Just like because I'm a hilton honors member I get e-mails from Hilton (for Citi and Amex) every other day for Hilton Cards. Not pre-approvals but from HILTON wanting me to sign up. 

Oh, I see...My apologies for the mis-understanding Smiley Embarassed

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.