cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX... US BANK....NORDSTROM VISA..QUESTION!

tag
plasticcards
New Contributor

AMEX... US BANK....NORDSTROM VISA..QUESTION!

Hi, So I got approved for the AMEX Blue Card yesterday they approved me for $1500. I also applied for the US BANK rewards VISA. I got a 7-10 days message. Does that mean im not approved? Also I want to apply for the Nordstrom VISA. Is that card hard to get? My fico score is 700 and only credit I have is Auto Loan with CHASE since 3/2010 and a Capitol One Bank Mastercard $300 limit Smiley Sad I opened in 4/2013. Is it a problem If I apply for the Nordtrom?? I mean I heard AMEX does not like seeing inquiries. I def do not want a Financial Review!! Any help?? And last I heard the BLUE card is not very good. But The Blue Cash is better? New to all this credit stuff Smiley Happy 

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
applebottom

Re: AMEX... US BANK....NORDSTROM VISA..QUESTION!

Nordstrom is a big stickler on credit inquiries. So if you had any in the last 6 mons they will tell you too many inquiries.
Message 2 of 10
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 3 of 10
broseph23
Regular Contributor

Don't apply for the Nordstrom visa if you have more than 4 inq. You'll for sure get denied for that reason.
Age: 25 | FICO: TU 802, EQ 782, EX 801 | FAKO: TU 778, EX 769 | Garden: 6/2015 | Total History: 7yr 6mo | AAoA: 4yr 2mo | Util: 4%
........24000...............10000.....................6000................7000................500..................5000................18000...............10000
Message 4 of 10
emptypockets
Valued Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:
Nordstrom Visa can only be applied for in stores.

Is this new? I apped for mine online.

CC's: AMEX (4), Alliant Visa, PenFed AMEX, Pen Fed Promise, Citi (3), Chase (5), US Bank Cash+, Huntington Voice, Nasa Plat Cash Visa, Barclay's Visa, Discover IT, Cap One QS, BOA (2), BMW Visa, 5/3 Real Life Rewards MC; FNBO Amex; Comenity Visa/MC (3), Ebates Visa Siggy, Nordstrom Visa, Walmart MC, Sam's Club MC; A few assorted store cards.

Current Scores (09/2017): EQ My Fico: 786; TU MyFico: 799; EX (My Fico): 797
Message 5 of 10
emptypockets
Valued Contributor

@plasticcards wrote:

Hi, So I got approved for the AMEX Blue Card yesterday they approved me for $1500. I also applied for the US BANK rewards VISA. I got a 7-10 days message. Does that mean im not approved? Also I want to apply for the Nordstrom VISA. Is that card hard to get? My fico score is 700 and only credit I have is Auto Loan with CHASE since 3/2010 and a Capitol One Bank Mastercard $300 limit Smiley Sad I opened in 4/2013. Is it a problem If I apply for the Nordtrom?? I mean I heard AMEX does not like seeing inquiries. I def do not want a Financial Review!! Any help?? And last I heard the BLUE card is not very good. But The Blue Cash is better? New to all this credit stuff Smiley Happy 

US Bank is known for not giving instant approvals, so I don't know that I would be worried about that. When I got the Nordstrom Visa, my score was around 710, give or take. But they are known to be INQ sensitive (they probably won't like more than 2-3 INQ's). Alot of CCC's are  said to be INQ sensitive, but then you read that people are approved with tons of INQ's. You should give some thought about what cards you want/need before apping, so as to avoid remorse later.

Blue Case Everyday/BCP are better if you spend more money on gas/groceries, but if these are not your main spends, not so much. If the regular Blue meets your needs, do what is best for you. For Nordstrom, if you shop there, it is a decent card, if not again, not so much. For someone just starting out, I would recommend a decent cash back rewards card (Chase Freedom, Discover or the US Bank card), and maybe a Airline/Hotel card (if you travel or can take advantage of the perks.

CC's: AMEX (4), Alliant Visa, PenFed AMEX, Pen Fed Promise, Citi (3), Chase (5), US Bank Cash+, Huntington Voice, Nasa Plat Cash Visa, Barclay's Visa, Discover IT, Cap One QS, BOA (2), BMW Visa, 5/3 Real Life Rewards MC; FNBO Amex; Comenity Visa/MC (3), Ebates Visa Siggy, Nordstrom Visa, Walmart MC, Sam's Club MC; A few assorted store cards.

Current Scores (09/2017): EQ My Fico: 786; TU MyFico: 799; EX (My Fico): 797
Message 6 of 10
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@emptypockets

Yes, they changed it to in store only a few months ago....May, I think.
Message 7 of 10
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@09Lexie wrote:
@emptypockets

Yes, they changed it to in store only a few months ago....May, I think.

+1

09Lexie is correct - it was toward the end of April during online system enhancements.  If you go to the Nordstrom site, the Visa Signature information states "Currently available in stores only."

Message 8 of 10
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@FinStar

Yep, you are right. I don't understand why they didn't do it on store cards too.
Message 9 of 10
kevinjjc
Valued Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:
@FinStar

Yep, you are right. I don't understand why they didn't do it on store cards too.

I guess they just wanted to be like Macy's where you can only get the AmEx version if you apply in-store. Smiley LOL

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.