Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX WOW, I Love U, and all of YOU!

tag
CK_Charles_Lover
Regular Contributor

Re: AMEX WOW, I Love U, and all of YOU!

I think what creditaddict means is that if it is "available" it will counter. In other words don't be afraid to ask for 20,000 because they wont decline you altogether if you are allowed by the system to have 15,000 they will counter that not just say DECLINE. If you are not able to get a CLI at all you will get decline, no counter. 

Trans Union Fico (Walmart) ,690 Experian Fico (Amex) 686(Opened 3 new accounts this month. In the Garden)

AMEX BCE ($19,500) AMEX PRG -(NPSL), BARCLAYS US AIR PREMIER WORLD ($10,000), BOA CASH REWARD -($6,000), CITI HILTON RESERVE SIGGY-(5,000), WALMART DISCOVER ( $5,800), CITI DIAMOND ($4,700), CITI DIVIDED WORLD ($4,500), AMAZON STORE($5,000), NORDSTROM VISA SIG($5,000), PAYPAL STORE ($4,000) Amex Delta Gold ($2000)
Message 11 of 19
FrugalRican
Blogger

@Creditaddict wrote:

@FrugalRican wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

SWEET AND CONGRATS!!!

Everyone should notice the pattern here... The system WILL counter, so doen't be afraid that you are asking to much!

Don't say that as a guarantee.

The system doesn't ALWAYS counter.

<---- First-hand experience with non-countering.

If you get declined for CLI I don't believe it's because you asked for to much it means they did not currently have a CLI offer for you.

So what you're saying is... that there isn't a pattern?

How is one to know that they don't have an "offer" for you before-hand?

Follow my financial journey: http://www.frugalrican.com

EQ FICO (01/16/2012): 656 - EQ FICO (02/16/2012): 743 - EQ (02/24/2012): 760 - EX (04/28/2012): 739 - GOAL 2013: 800+

AMEX BCE (0/10K) --- BOA 1-2-3 (0/15.9K) --- Discover More (0/6K) --- Chase Freedom Visa (0/1.4K) -- Hyatt Visa Sign. (0/5.8K) -- Barclay's NFL Card (0/7.5K) -- Chase Sapphire Preferred (0/5K)

Message 12 of 19
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@FrugalRican wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

@FrugalRican wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

SWEET AND CONGRATS!!!

Everyone should notice the pattern here... The system WILL counter, so doen't be afraid that you are asking to much!

Don't say that as a guarantee.

The system doesn't ALWAYS counter.

<---- First-hand experience with non-countering.

If you get declined for CLI I don't believe it's because you asked for to much it means they did not currently have a CLI offer for you.

So what you're saying is... that there isn't a pattern?

How is one to know that they don't have an "offer" for you before-hand?

You wouldn't... but it doesn't matter because it's no a HP so if you realize you are week early on 6 months, you can go back in that next week from your denial and do it again...

Message 13 of 19
FrugalRican
Blogger

See, now I'm confused. So the only way I get denied for a CLI is because I called too early?

I got denied for a CLI and I waited days after the initial 61. I never received a counter, it was just a cut and dry denial.

When people call too early, I thought I had read that it cut them short even before trying for the CLI.

Follow my financial journey: http://www.frugalrican.com

EQ FICO (01/16/2012): 656 - EQ FICO (02/16/2012): 743 - EQ (02/24/2012): 760 - EX (04/28/2012): 739 - GOAL 2013: 800+

AMEX BCE (0/10K) --- BOA 1-2-3 (0/15.9K) --- Discover More (0/6K) --- Chase Freedom Visa (0/1.4K) -- Hyatt Visa Sign. (0/5.8K) -- Barclay's NFL Card (0/7.5K) -- Chase Sapphire Preferred (0/5K)

Message 14 of 19
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@FrugalRican wrote:

See, now I'm confused. So the only way I get denied for a CLI is because I called too early?

I got denied for a CLI and I waited days after the initial 61. I never received a counter, it was just a cut and dry denial.

When people call too early, I thought I had read that it cut them short even before trying for the CLI.

No.  

Message 15 of 19
CK_Charles_Lover
Regular Contributor

I think you were just flat out denied. I think if you call too early (other posters) says we do not grant CLI in the first 60 days. Then you can try again as soon as your 60 days is up. The you are either denied flat....or yes whatever you try for....or COUNTERED at the point for a less amount. I believe after you have been denied flat, you have to wait 90 days. If approved at all, have to wait 6 months. 

Trans Union Fico (Walmart) ,690 Experian Fico (Amex) 686(Opened 3 new accounts this month. In the Garden)

AMEX BCE ($19,500) AMEX PRG -(NPSL), BARCLAYS US AIR PREMIER WORLD ($10,000), BOA CASH REWARD -($6,000), CITI HILTON RESERVE SIGGY-(5,000), WALMART DISCOVER ( $5,800), CITI DIAMOND ($4,700), CITI DIVIDED WORLD ($4,500), AMAZON STORE($5,000), NORDSTROM VISA SIG($5,000), PAYPAL STORE ($4,000) Amex Delta Gold ($2000)
Message 16 of 19
Kozmo
Frequent Contributor

If you don't mind me asking what # does everyone call for a cli? I called the c/s number and it doesn't even list it as an option...weird?
Message 17 of 19
CK_Charles_Lover
Regular Contributor

I called the number on the back of my card (BCE) and it was around number 5 on the automated. Never talked to a live person.

Message 18 of 19
migliogiorni
Established Contributor

congrats.  Awesome cli gotta love Amex and their cli

BOA: 8.9k
CSP: 5k
Discover: 5k
Citi TY Preferd: 5k
Wally: 5k
JCP: 4.9k
citiForward: 4.7k
ChaseFreedom: 4.5k
DFS: 2k
Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.