Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX White card!

tag
Itsmeagain
Established Contributor

Re: AMEX White card!

Amex will usually waive the first year AF.  When it does post however, it will be all at once and due the month it appears on your statement.

Starting Score: TU 737 EQ 721
Current Score: TU 741 EQ 741
Goal Score: TU 765 EQ 760

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 11 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

It seems that if you don't have ANY Amex cards currently (including cobranded ones) you can get 10000 membership points after your first purchase! If you think about it, that's like 2-4 annual fees waived...

Here's the link:

https://www201.americanexpress.com/cards/PackageServlet?ct=87&rt=select&bid=1000A01&PID=1&BUID=CCG&P...*3x1qOhKQ

Message 12 of 23
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

I'm thinking that "cobrand" on that link means the AmEx Delta Gold, AmEx Costco, and so forth, as contrasted with their charge cards.

They can't tell from looking at our reports whether our cards with other lenders are Visa, MC, AmEx, or Discover. The reports just show the bank names.

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 13 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Do you have to pay extra to subscribe to the MR program (without adding any extra packs), or is it included in the $25 annual fee?

Thanks!

Message 14 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Anyone know what kind of criteria they are looking for for this card? I.E., could a student get it?

are there any other criteria for this card, for everyone else since tapsh' question is answered?   like current utilization, FICO, number of other cards, bankruptcies, etc?

Message 15 of 23
Itsmeagain
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Anyone know what kind of criteria they are looking for for this card? I.E., could a student get it?

are there any other criteria for this card, for everyone else since tapsh' question is answered?   like current utilization, FICO, number of other cards, bankruptcies, etc?

I was curious so I called Amex and asked.  They said the Zync card is designed primarily for younger people with little or no previous credit history. 

I asked about age and she said "21" unless they can prove they can pay their own way.  I pressed her on what that meant; did they have to have a job?  NO!  If they can demonstrate financial stability such as regular deposits to their checking account from mom and dad, that will suffice.  Otherwise, a co-signer may be required.

I asked about students and she said YES!!  We are trying to generate future Amex customers who will show a responsiblity toward credit and to do this they will start the student with NO credit history at about $300 and extend that as the young person demonstrates responsibility.  And since it is a signature card, the student will have to pay it in full each month and that is a good way to learn that responsibility.

Hope this helps.

Message 16 of 23
motiv8ed2getthescoreup
Regular Contributor

Just applied for this card and got approved. I'm so excitedSmiley Very Happy, I am finally getting away from these starter cards!!

Starting Score: 500
Current Score: TU 764 EQ 721 EX 768
Goal Score: 800

Message 17 of 23
Itsmeagain
Established Contributor

Congratulations! . . . . . Smiley Happy

I see you have made giant leaps with your score.  I'm certain that Amex recognized that too.

Do you mind sharing?  Are you a student?  Just a bit more about yourself might help others decide whether to risk a hard pull for this card.  Do you know which report they pulled?  Usually it's Experian.

Pshaw! . . . Just listen to me . . . . I'm becoming the poster child for Amex Zync . . . . NOT!! . . . . Smiley Very Happy

Message 18 of 23
motiv8ed2getthescoreup
Regular Contributor

Thanks!!  I am a student, but b/c I am working ft that wasn't an issue. My AAoA is 3yrs, with my oldest being a macy's opened in 2000 with a $0 bal. they did pull EX. I have 2 orchard cards one @ $0/1550cl and the other $10.26/1600cl, and cap 1 $0/1050, a mortgage, and a car note 8,000/16,000. depending on what cr they pulled I either had 2 inquiries(tu) or 5(eq) including one from yesterday when I apped discover and got declined.

Does anyone know how a charge card w/o a limit will appear on my cr. will it be bad?

Starting Score: 500
Current Score: TU 764 EQ 721 EX 768
Goal Score: 800

Message 19 of 23
Itsmeagain
Established Contributor

I'm not sure how FICO will score this account but Amex will report a zero credit limit.  It will also report your current balance as of your last statement and your highest balance ever.  I think FICO is trained to look at your higest balance and score that as your credit limit. 

Personally, I am a PIF'er and I always pay the balance before the billing cycle ends and my report always shows zero balance, zero high balance and zero credit limit.  So, In my case, the only FICO value seems to be that it is an open account and "Pays as agreed".

Message 20 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.