Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX ZYNC APPROVAL!! WOOHOO!!!!!!!

tag
ccb2115
Frequent Contributor

AMEX ZYNC APPROVAL!! WOOHOO!!!!!!!

I applied for the Zync this afternoon and was approved!!!!!!!! NPSL!!! FINALLY!!!! I am so excited. I never thought this day would come.

I was declined last month, but figured I should just give it another go this month. Smiley Happy

I owe this to the myFico family because without your help and advice, I would have never been able to get my foot in the door with Amex. 

Now the real question is, what do I do with my Amex pre-paid card?

Scores: EX: 793 EQ: 804 TU: 801
Message 1 of 50
49 REPLIES 49
Juan123
Established Contributor

Re: AMEX ZYNC APPROVAL!! WOOHOO!!!!!!!

congats! do u know what report they pulled? this makes me wanna REapply >_<

unfortunately amex out of any other CCC probably takes inquiries too seriously and i'd get denied =/

Starting Score: 575 (As Of Early 2011)
Current Score: TU: 767 EQ: 732 EX; 742 (As Of Feb 2012)
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Long way to go ^_^
Message 2 of 50
espnjunkie
Established Contributor

what was your credit history like when you applied? I'm thinking of applying for Zync soon =) congrats

“The real measure of your wealth is how much you’d be worth if you lost all your money.” ~Unknown
Citi Prestige World Elite Mastercard ($35,000.00), Merrill+ Visa Signature ($25,000.00), Amex BCP ($29,700.00), Amex Green (NPSL), Capital One Quicksilver World Mastercard ($10,000.00), Chase Ink Business Bold (NPSL)
TU-778 (12/03/2014))
EX (Plus) - 777 (10/21/2013)
EQ - 735 (April 2013)
Message 3 of 50
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 50
Ron1
Super Contributor

Congrats!!!Smiley Very Happy

Ron.

Message 5 of 50
CS800
Super Contributor

@ccb2115 wrote:

I applied for the Zync this afternoon and was approved!!!!!!!! NPSL!!! FINALLY!!!! I am so excited. I never thought this day would come.

I was declined last month, but figured I should just give it another go this month. Smiley Happy

I owe this to the myFico family because without your help and advice, I would have never been able to get my foot in the door with Amex. 

Now the real question is, what do I do with my Amex pre-paid card?

Congrats !!

Now you can stop using your prepaid. Use whatever money you have left on it and SD it. You have the Zync and that's your way of building a good relationship with AMEX.

Message 6 of 50
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats! 

I was just approved for a Zync yesterday. I'm sure you are as thrilled as I am!

Message 7 of 50
ccb2115
Frequent Contributor

Thanks!!

When I first applied, my EX FICO score was 626 with a a few derogs (30 day late, CO, and CA). The other reasons for denial they listed were what I would call "fluff" reasons for not giving me an account with them. 

Since last month I was able to get the 30 day late and CA removed. However, I still have the CO from about 3 years ago still reporting. I am also an AU on a family member's AMEX that wasn't reporting when I app'd last month, but is now back on the reports. (Perfect payment history and member since 99). 

I'm not sure what did the trick, but it had to have been a combination of the removals and the addition of an AMEX account that helped with the approval.

I'm not sure what my current EX Fico score is, or what they pulled. It doesn't say. 

Scores: EX: 793 EQ: 804 TU: 801
Message 8 of 50
learnin113
Established Contributor

Awesome, congrats!

Message 9 of 50
getahead
Regular Contributor

Congrats!! I was denied for that card & will try agin this year.

Starting Score: 580
Current Score: Fico EQ-679, Fico TU-670, EX Plus-713, TU Walmart-697, CreditKarma-690
Goal Score: 700 Club

Message 10 of 50
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.