Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX ZYNC APPROVAL!! WOOHOO!!!!!!!

tag
logan_720
Established Contributor

Re: AMEX ZYNC APPROVAL!! WOOHOO!!!!!!!

I bet anything you would be approved. I was approved last week, instantly with no pre set spendling limit. However, the same night I was denied a Chase Slate. 

Message 31 of 50
ccb2115
Frequent Contributor

@RyVision wrote:

@bichonmom wrote:

Congrats on getting that card! I want Amex, but an waiting until I think I'll be approved.

From what I've read here, they changed their procedures so backdating doesn't work when you're an AU; it only works on cards that are/were in your name (non-AU accts.).

Backdating works for any card member for the date they first became a card member, additional or primary.  AMEX does not issue "AU" cards, only cards to additional card members under a primary's account. 

If a person is added as an "ACM" in 2005 to a primary account that was opened in 1995, the "ACM's" member since date will be 2005 but the account will show\report the same info on the "ACM's" CR as the primary's CR report, the opening date of 1995 etc. 

When the "ACM" get's their own individual primary AMEX, it will show (backdate to) a member since date of 2005 on all primary accounts they open and report as such.  The "ACM" account that reported will continue to report as it did before, as opened in 1995.  What AMEX is trying to curtail is that same "ACM" being allowed to be backdated to the Primary's MS date of 1995.

A Card Member is  A Card Member from the day they become an AMEX member as a Primary OR an "ACM" and they keep that date for life if the account is open for over 16 months (that's a safe number, not sure of exact months anymore) unless they burn AMEX (now someone is going to say they got backdated even though they burned AMEX in the past so I'll add the disclaimer now that backdating can happen even if someone burned AMEX or only had an account open for 1 month etc, it's just more rare).

I've used the abreviation  "AU" for additional card member before, only because very few know what "additional card member"  means, let alone "ACM".   Considering AMEX is a big topic on these forums, it might be a good idea to start spreading the word about  additional card member vs AU (and using "ACM") as it's a bit different than being an AU.

BIG CONGRATS to ccb2115 on the ZYNC and Welcome To the AMEX Family! 

Thanks RyVision!!!! So you think I should call them and try to get a different Member Since Date? I was added as an ACM in 2007 to an account that was opened in 99. However my card reads '12. 

Scores: EX: 793 EQ: 804 TU: 801
Message 32 of 50
Open123
Super Contributor

At the very least, you should be backdated to 07.

In the past, out of courtesy, they would backdate you to 99.  But, since this has been abused, they've stopped granting the request.  You may ask, but they'd probably refuse.

Message 33 of 50
CS800
Super Contributor

@Open123 wrote:

In the past, out of courtesy, they would backdate you to 99.  But, since this has been abused, they've stopped granting the request.  You may ask, but they'd probably refuse.

You mean abuse by AU and AMEX is cracking down?

Message 34 of 50
Open123
Super Contributor

@CS800 wrote:

@Open123 wrote:

You mean abuse by AU and AMEX is cracking down?

Not the AU per se, but over the past couple of years, there were long time Basic cardmembers offering AUs to help people with their AOA.  For example, if I'm a Basic cardmember since 80, I can add tons of AUs, and eventually you'll all be backdated to 80, which has been an Amex customary courtesy.

After widespread abuse from the above, AmEx curtly resplied to some cardmembers that "they weren't in the credit repair business," and closed down many long cardmember's accounts because of this.

Fast forward to now, they will backdate any AU to when you first were put on a card, but not the original members.  For example, if I'm a member since 85, and made you an AU now, you'll be backdated to 2012 when you get your own card, and NOT 85, as in the past.

You can try and ask, but they'll likely refuse, unless you had a very good reason.

Message 35 of 50
Scene
Regular Contributor

Congradulations! The Zync is an amazing starter card and the benefits of the card grossly outweigh the annual fee.

Message 36 of 50
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Still on the fence about this one, more drawn to the Green lately.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 37 of 50
CS800
Super Contributor

I think the Green is a good car in between the Basic Zync and the Platinum

Message 38 of 50
ccb2115
Frequent Contributor

Say I have the Zync or two years or so, while continuing to raise my credit scores, would I be able to directly apply for the Platinum, or would I have to go through the Green first and upgrade. 

Scores: EX: 793 EQ: 804 TU: 801
Message 39 of 50
Open123
Super Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:

Still on the fence about this one, more drawn to the Green lately.

The Green is way to go if you plan on never upgrading once you get the Zync.  For example, the Zync will earn points at a faster clip than the Green, but they're limited to MR Express points.  If you know you will upgrade, you can use the Zync and hoard the points.  When you upgrade later, then it'll all transform into full MR points.

Message 40 of 50
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.