Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX ZYNC APPROVED!

tag
MrShush
Valued Contributor

Re: AMEX ZYNC APPROVED!

@jdogi wrote:

Sorry to bump, but it may save someone else the effort of digging to find the results.

The OPs AMEX card and reporting were backdated.

I eagerly await the day that I can app for an AMEX and hopefully get a TL dated back to '92.  It was my first card ever, but I closed it since poor college students have no need of annual fees when there is beer to be bought.

And there is still beer to be bought! You will probably have to wait a couple statement cycles for a new AMEX trade to report so you know where you stand in terms of back dating.
Message 11 of 17
TheR105
Regular Contributor

My cr was updated after my first statement cut. Yes, my account was backdated to 1997!
Message 12 of 17
spankyspanky
Established Member

If this helps others,  I had a costco card in 1998.  I was 18, and didn't understand credit.  Long story short, my account was closed, and it took me four or five years to pay off the closed account dealing with a creditor. 

Fast forward to today:

I have a Zync backdated to 1998

costco true earnings backdated to 1998.  $4500 limit

blue cash backdated to 1998.  $18,000 limit

and I was just approved for a clear which I'm hoping will be backdated and carrying the same limit as the blue cash card. 

The zync card was my gateway back into amex.    When it was new, I was limited to $400 in spending..  After using it heavily and paying it off constantly, I worked my way up to the costco card.  Then I jumped into the blue cash card which I pump around $3,000 a month into, always PIF.    I just did a "check your spending ability" with my zync for $20,000 and it said I was approved.

Cliff Notes:
I screwed over amex in 98

They let me have a zync card, and now we're great friends.

Message 13 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Spanky,

How much did you owe AMEX in 98?

I left them holding $42K and would love to reapply.

I tried the "do I have any offers" on the website and was shot down.

Thoughts?

Message 14 of 17
spankyspanky
Established Member

The collections amount was $2200, but after collection fees and penalties I ended up paying $3100. 

I did not leave them hanging, I eventually paid it all back.

Message 15 of 17
jdogi
Contributor

Holy Moly!  I just applied and got the Zync.  I'm geeked!  I had been considering buying a house, so I was holding off, but I decided to put the house hunt on hold when the house I wanted got sold a couple days before I was going to make an offer.

I really didn't think I'd get approved.  I have a couple judgments from '05/'06, but those are the only two negatives on my reports.  And I had an Optima card that "went bad" back in 2001.  I think they wrote off ~$800.  AMEX 10-99'd me for it.  I really thought that I'd have to at least give them back that $800 before they'd ever give me a card again.  I was only giving myself a 10-15% chance of success on the app.

If they backdate me to my original AMEX green '92, my AAoA just jumped from 3.7 years to 5.6 and my oldest account will be much older than anything I have now.

My main reason for getting this card is the backdating, but it also will work well for handling my day-to-day expenses.  I'll try to add a Blue card in a year or so.

Sorry to keep dragging this old dead thread from the grave.

Message 16 of 17
MrShush
Valued Contributor

@jdogi wrote:

Holy Moly!  I just applied and got the Zync.  I'm geeked!  I had been considering buying a house, so I was holding off, but I decided to put the house hunt on hold when the house I wanted got sold a couple days before I was going to make an offer.

I really didn't think I'd get approved.  I have a couple judgments from '05/'06, but those are the only two negatives on my reports.  And I had an Optima card that "went bad" back in 2001.  I think they wrote off ~$800.  AMEX 10-99'd me for it.  I really thought that I'd have to at least give them back that $800 before they'd ever give me a card again.  I was only giving myself a 10-15% chance of success on the app.

If they backdate me to my original AMEX green '92, my AAoA just jumped from 3.7 years to 5.6 and my oldest account will be much older than anything I have now.

My main reason for getting this card is the backdating, but it also will work well for handling my day-to-day expenses.  I'll try to add a Blue card in a year or so.

Sorry to keep dragging this old dead thread from the grave.

Congrats on the approval; the backdating is a HUGE benefit of Cardmembership. Use the card and rebuild a reliable payment history and you may not have to wait a year.

Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.