Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX ZYNC Approval !!

tag
nuggets321
Frequent Contributor

AMEX ZYNC Approval !!

After bearing down and getting serious took care of business since January of this year. Today as 6 inquiries fell of EXP (2years old) i went ahead and tried to get my foot in the door with AMEX via the Zync card. Instantly approved with an income of 44k and about 11% utilization on both TU and EQ. Oldest revolving acct at 8mos old. I have 0 negative items reporting on any of the bureaus, but short history a.k.a. thin file with 8 other accts all in good standing. Now I can take a deep breath and join all of you "gardeners"      TU(myfico) 668   EQ (myfico)650   EX (678) FICO lender pull in August .

Not sure if one would consider this a true prime card or not ?  To me  it could not be any more prime -- as two years ago I couldnt buy a bicycle with 90% down ..Smiley Very Happy

TU-721 (MortgagePull) EQ- 697(MortgagePull ) EXP 693(MortgagePull) FWEB 24,2015
My Wallet : Dicover More 35,500 CL -Amex Zync NPSL -WellsFargoRewards4800 - -CapOne 3000CL -GEMBWalMart 5000CL - Zales 4000CL-Kays 2900--Macys 5000CL /SSFCU 5000CL / CitiBank Diamond Pref 15000CL - CHASE Freedom 13500CL -Lowes 10,000 CL - BBuyStoreCard 10,000CL Sears Store Card (Citi) 3000 - Firestone CFNB 1400 Toyota Financial $35,000 Auto -2200DiscountTire(GECRB) Citi TY Preferred 8100CL - Chase Slate$4000-BofA15000-ToyotaRewardsVisa$10,700 -BofA$8500 AMEX BCE 9,500
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: AMEX ZYNC Approval !!

Congrats on the Zync approval, you will def love it!

In regards to it being a prime card, I guess it will depend on who you ask, but im my opinion, as I stated in other threads, I couldn't agree more that it is.  Although it may be one of Amex's easier cards to get approved for, I don't know how much easier than any of there other charge products to attain.  You get the same benefits, security, and customer service as any other their other cards, so that makes it prime to me!

You'll also feel prime using it around town as not many people have seen it, and it always seems to strike up a great conversation about what exactly it is. 

Congrats again, and let us know how you like it once you get it.

Message 2 of 11
OnMyMiNd04
Valued Member

That is awesome! Congrats!!!

I cannot wait to get one for myself... Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 11
CS800
Super Contributor

Congrats and welcome to Club AMEX

Any AMEX is considered a prime card. I surely understand the happiness to have a prime card (even though it's a charge card). But getting your foot in the door with AMEX, garden for 12 months then try for a credit card with them). You treat them well, they will treat you good.

Add some eco packs to your Zync; well worth it. Some are free and some are paid. Also check out the membership reward site for AMEX, Some online stores are eligible for up to 6X points per dollar spent.

Message 4 of 11
RyVision
Valued Contributor

Congrats Nuggets321!

Sounds like you really got serious to go from what you imply 2 years ago to getting ANYTHING from AMEX, good work Smiley Happy

As far as Zync being subprime? No, it's entry level AMEX, kind of like Lexus, BMW and Mercedes have entry level models (so do Caddy and Lincoln, I can't leave out my country's high enders). Few people consider any of those names "subprime" Smiley Wink

Keep up the good work and you'll probably be announcing your PenFed approval in the future (what can I say, from what I hear PenFed is kind of the Rolls these days LOL)

The Zync is an attractive card in person isn't it (I think more so than my old green was), like a diamond in your wallet. Well, if you haven't got it in the mail yet, you'll see what I mean soon.

AKA 840flippedto480
Message 5 of 11
CS800
Super Contributor

It's white and two times so far using it, the waitress asked me what kind of AMEX it was. I was surprised since, I would think a lot of younger people would have the Zync.

To the previou posters point, it;s the entry level AMEX on the charge card end (highest being platinum or the Black card?)

But its a great feeling. For me AMEX was good for backdating. Hopefully once it reports, i get a good boost. But in any case, be good to AMEX

Message 6 of 11
nuggets321
Frequent Contributor

Thanks for the positive replies and advice how to get the most out of the Amex card. This forum has been so instrumental in my successes to date. I would have had NO IDEA how to get my credit back on-line in a fairly short amount of time. To the "rebuilding credit" posters a hearty thank you and I hope that those with the knowledge share with the  less "in the loop" and newcomers as I will share my expereience in the ever-evolving world of credit...again thanks  Smiley Very Happy

TU-721 (MortgagePull) EQ- 697(MortgagePull ) EXP 693(MortgagePull) FWEB 24,2015
My Wallet : Dicover More 35,500 CL -Amex Zync NPSL -WellsFargoRewards4800 - -CapOne 3000CL -GEMBWalMart 5000CL - Zales 4000CL-Kays 2900--Macys 5000CL /SSFCU 5000CL / CitiBank Diamond Pref 15000CL - CHASE Freedom 13500CL -Lowes 10,000 CL - BBuyStoreCard 10,000CL Sears Store Card (Citi) 3000 - Firestone CFNB 1400 Toyota Financial $35,000 Auto -2200DiscountTire(GECRB) Citi TY Preferred 8100CL - Chase Slate$4000-BofA15000-ToyotaRewardsVisa$10,700 -BofA$8500 AMEX BCE 9,500
Message 7 of 11
mAndrew1980
Established Contributor

Awesome work!!!! I dream of joining the Amex family myself one day. Thanks for the hope! If you got 6 baddies removed, I can get my three remaining baddies removed as well.

Transunion: 713 FICO (5/13/2014) MyFico
Experian: 789 FICO (4/10/12) Lender Pull
Equifax: 695 FICO (1/10/14) MyFico

My cards: Chase United Mileage Plus 7000CL (3/12), CITI Simplicity 1800CL (9/12), Cap1 Platinum 1000CL (2/10), Cap1 Cash back 1500CL (11/11), Apple Barclay's 2500CL (11/11), Discover IT 6000CL (5/13)

My Primary Financial Goal is to put down my utl%.

Message 8 of 11
xlr8d
Frequent Contributor

Congrats, great way to get your foot in the door. I've seen quite a few approvals on main page lately about zyncs. It's cool because the first month or two no one said anything but the last few times I've used it, I've got some comments on it.

Starting Score: EQ 515 TU 490 EXfaco 510
Current Score: EQ 660 TU 665 EXplus 661
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats and Welcome to AMEX Club !

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.