Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX ZYNC CARD

tag
smc733
Valued Contributor

Re: AMEX ZYNC CARD

I do not carry an Amex because they are not worth this.

BofA Cash Rewards VS - $25k | Citi Double Cash World MC - $18.9k | Amex BCE - $50k | Discover it - $50k | Chase Freedom Unlimited VS- $10k | Barclay Ring $5k |
Message 21 of 30
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

no same thing. No balances. 1 new credit card, but the income they said that annuities does not count! Smiley Sad

That doesn't make since to me... after the age of 65 when you retire, you can no longer carry an Amex if they decide to FR you because they won't count retirement income? why does that not count as income!

Message 22 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

They said they have to show on the income tax i told them well it tax free i can show u paper work or u can call to verify she said no! :/

Message 23 of 30
TheCreditKid
Established Contributor

Here is the backdoor # 800-874-2717 .

Good Luck mate.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

All human wisdom is summed up in two words - wait and hope.

-Alexander Dumas
Message 24 of 30
JayRizzo
Established Contributor

Here's my take on credit and lenders...  If you need to call a backdoor number because you're borderline or system-declined, then you should not be asking for someone to review to get your foot in the door -- I, personally, would work on whatever is keeping me borderline.  THEN, when something bad happens to the account everyone seems Shocked & Surprised as if they didn't know this type of thing happens.  Remember, you were borderline from the start.

In this case, it was a FR and some customers may slip through the cracks, but when 2 or more forum members state the account will be closed from their past experiences -- you better brace yourself for the closure.  I have no idea why some members that may have slipped through the cracks will come to the forum and deny that anything negative will ever happen.  I'm just sitting back and shaking my head at this forum.

My 2.5, 3 cents worth

Message 25 of 30
vish1
Valued Contributor

@JayRizzo wrote:

Here's my take on credit and lenders...  If you need to call a backdoor number because you're borderline or system-declined, then you should not be asking for someone to review to get your foot in the door -- I, personally, would work on whatever is keeping me borderline.  THEN, when something bad happens to the account everyone seems Shocked & Surprised as if they didn't know this type of thing happens.  Remember, you were borderline from the start.

In this case, it was a FR and some customers may slip through the cracks, but when 2 or more forum members state the account will be closed from their past experiences -- you better brace yourself for the closure.  I have no idea why some members that may have slipped through the cracks will come to the forum and deny that anything negative will ever happen.  I'm just sitting back and shaking my head at this forum.

My 2.5, 3 cents worth

+1

I agree with Jayrizzo though I will say that there may be some cases where backdoor may be fair, say you got a system decline coz of a stupid algo which calculated all your Visa sig/Worlc MC (one of the forum user had this problem where he had a visa sig and 1 more card and his util was 400% as visa sig wont report any limits, though he still got denied).

In this particular case, IMO Amex did what was absolutely the right thing to do. I agree Amex values relationships, but you don't build relationships on lies. In this case the difference between the truth and reported income was too huge. I am sorry if you find it harsh, but I strongly believe that Amex did the right thing.

Citi Hilton Reserve 22.3K | Citi Thank You 8.2K | CSP 15.5K | Chase Freedom 10K | Chase BA 15K | Chase United 8.5K | Chase Marriott 5K | Discover IT 9K | Club Carlson 13K | Amex SPG 20K | BofA Cash Rewards 11K | BofA Cash Rewards 50K
Message 26 of 30
JayRizzo
Established Contributor

+100

Message 27 of 30
chan85
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

So I went to make a purchased and was DECLINED on my AMEX ZYNC CARD today! I got this card like a week ago I put around $1100 on the card in a week, SO i called in to see what was going on.. they said that my acct went into credit verification dept, and wantred to verify my employment income i had to fax over my taxes of last year, i put i make $46,000 but in reality i make $22,000 and some annuity which makes up for it. Has this happen to anyone else? are they going to close my card down? Smiley Sad

I had the same thing happen to me when I had a Green Card a few years ago, when I was racking up big charges in a short time frame. They were basically concerned that I wouldn't be able to pay it all back when the bill came in (they were correct lol).  They eventually put a cap on the card and I wasn't allowed to spend more than I think around $1100 in a month. Long story short, they eventually shut my card down because I wasn't paying in full each month (stupidity of youth).

I just got approved for the Zync card Friday and this time around I plan to only put monthly expenses on it that can be paid off each month, and I will use one of my other rewards cards for things that I may want to spread out the payments on.

Current Debt Management:
$15k Trinity Financial Management (scheduled pay off late 2021)
$10k NFCU
$350/mth Bridgecrest Auto Loan
Goals: Pay off credit card debt & buy a new home before end of 2020

Long Term Debt:
Fed Loans - $150k
Navient - $100k

Taking a "if God don't do it, it won't get done..." approach to paying these off.
Message 28 of 30
ficonightmare
Frequent Contributor

Sorry to hear this happened to you and to honest, It irks me to no end that after approving someone for credit, a CC  decides to do an FR.

Personally, I think all banks should verify income and employment prior to approval. And for one income households, I don't believe there's anything wrong with asking for your returns. First, because anyone can put any income they want. So if your CL is partly based on that, it's pretty idiotic not to verify.

But, for a bank to get squirmy based on your spending is ridiculous. THEY APPROVED YOU. As long as you're making payments, they should just sit back and shut up.

Vent over.

Starting Score: 600s
Current Score: EQ 08 798 on 5/28/14, TU 792 on 5/27/4 via Barclay, EX 798 on 5/28/14
Goal Score: 760

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 29 of 30
danisgods
Regular Contributor

Just tget another card, amex arent worth the hastle....

Starting Score: TU 715 EQ 704
Current Score: TU 715 EQ 704
Goal Score: 760-780

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 30 of 30
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.