Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX ZYNC PC

tag
Jake0215
Frequent Contributor

AMEX ZYNC PC

Does anyone have a definitive answer as to whether you can PC a ZYNC card? Ive read that the answer is both yes and no.

Starting Score: 617 EQ 10-17-11
Current Score: EQ 767 TU 769 EX 749 (all FICO but who really knows?)
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Mickey11
Regular Contributor

Re: AMEX ZYNC PC

PC? It's not on the abbreviations thread!

Starting Score: TU 660 EQ 623 EX 644
Current Score: TU 670 EQ 683 EX ???
Goal Score: 700 on all 3

Freedom: $3k, CSP: $5k, Chase Disney Premier: $5k, AmEx Zync: NPSL, Cap1 NH: $750, Cap1 Plat: $750, USC CU: $500
Message 2 of 13
CS800
Super Contributor

@Jake0215 wrote:

Does anyone have a definitive answer as to whether you can PC a ZYNC card? Ive read that the answer is both yes and no.

I would call customer service and ask them. Ask to speak with a supervisor.

I havent heard of Zync being PC'ed.

I have heard of Gold going Platinum

I think PC is also for the same type of card i.e. Charge to Charge. I dont think you can PC from a charge card to a credit card

Message 3 of 13
CS800
Super Contributor

@Mickey11 wrote:
PC? It's not on the abbreviations thread!

PC= Product Change as in changing a card for another one.

Message 4 of 13
Mickey11
Regular Contributor

Ahh got it, thanks!

Starting Score: TU 660 EQ 623 EX 644
Current Score: TU 670 EQ 683 EX ???
Goal Score: 700 on all 3

Freedom: $3k, CSP: $5k, Chase Disney Premier: $5k, AmEx Zync: NPSL, Cap1 NH: $750, Cap1 Plat: $750, USC CU: $500
Message 5 of 13
ArisGreek
Frequent Contributor

You cannot PC from Zync to another charge card. I have asked reps about 4 times. Even though it is a charge card, it is not part of the charge card criteria used for the Green, Gold, Gold Premiere Rewards, or Platinum approval. They said I would have to apply to the one I want. However, if I wanted to apply from Green and then next year go to Platinum I could. If I had Platinum and wanted to go to Green, Gold or Zync I could. HOWEVER, they stated once you switch to Zync, you cannot upgrade again. You can upgrade/downgrade in that charge card family if you are approved for their main 4 charge cards, just not Zync. 

Hope this helps.

===========
TU: 745(TU98) | EQ: 774 | EX: ? | NO BADDIES!
What's in my wallet? AMEX Platinum, United Presidential Plus World Elite MC, AMEX JetBlue, Nordstrom Visa Sig, Chase Sapphire Preferred, Discover More, AMEX Zync, Citi AAdvantage Plat Select Visa, Banana Republic, Home Depot
Message 6 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got pre approved PC from zync to platinum but I don't need it. I think you could PC charge card to any charge card. YMMV.
Message 7 of 13
ArisGreek
Frequent Contributor

Pre-approved doesn't mean you can PC. I get pre-approvals all the time for Gold/Platinum, etc. It's a new app. Trust me. LOL I've called 4 times and they say that this card is ineligible to PC to another charge card. It'd be a new application.

===========
TU: 745(TU98) | EQ: 774 | EX: ? | NO BADDIES!
What's in my wallet? AMEX Platinum, United Presidential Plus World Elite MC, AMEX JetBlue, Nordstrom Visa Sig, Chase Sapphire Preferred, Discover More, AMEX Zync, Citi AAdvantage Plat Select Visa, Banana Republic, Home Depot
Message 8 of 13
Shiu
Valued Member

How about doing a PC from Zync to Blue Cash?

Message 9 of 13
CS800
Super Contributor

@Shiu wrote:

How about doing a PC from Zync to Blue Cash?

I would say that's close to impossible

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.