Frequent Contributor
Jake0215

AMEX ZYNC PC

Does anyone have a definitive answer as to whether you can PC a ZYNC card? Ive read that the answer is both yes and no.

Starting Score: 617 EQ 10-17-11
Current Score: EQ 767 TU 769 EX 749 (all FICO but who really knows?)
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Regular Contributor
Mickey11

Re: AMEX ZYNC PC

PC? It's not on the abbreviations thread!

Starting Score: TU 660 EQ 623 EX 644
Current Score: TU 670 EQ 683 EX ???
Goal Score: 700 on all 3

Freedom: $3k, CSP: $5k, Chase Disney Premier: $5k, AmEx Zync: NPSL, Cap1 NH: $750, Cap1 Plat: $750, USC CU: $500
Super Contributor
CS800

[ Edited ]

Jake0215 wrote:

Does anyone have a definitive answer as to whether you can PC a ZYNC card? Ive read that the answer is both yes and no.

I would call customer service and ask them. Ask to speak with a supervisor.

I havent heard of Zync being PC'ed.

I have heard of Gold going Platinum

I think PC is also for the same type of card i.e. Charge to Charge. I dont think you can PC from a charge card to a credit card

Super Contributor
CS800

Mickey11 wrote:
PC? It's not on the abbreviations thread!

PC= Product Change as in changing a card for another one.

Regular Contributor
Mickey11

Ahh got it, thanks!

Starting Score: TU 660 EQ 623 EX 644
Current Score: TU 670 EQ 683 EX ???
Goal Score: 700 on all 3

Freedom: $3k, CSP: $5k, Chase Disney Premier: $5k, AmEx Zync: NPSL, Cap1 NH: $750, Cap1 Plat: $750, USC CU: $500
Frequent Contributor
ArisGreek

You cannot PC from Zync to another charge card. I have asked reps about 4 times. Even though it is a charge card, it is not part of the charge card criteria used for the Green, Gold, Gold Premiere Rewards, or Platinum approval. They said I would have to apply to the one I want. However, if I wanted to apply from Green and then next year go to Platinum I could. If I had Platinum and wanted to go to Green, Gold or Zync I could. HOWEVER, they stated once you switch to Zync, you cannot upgrade again. You can upgrade/downgrade in that charge card family if you are approved for their main 4 charge cards, just not Zync. 

Hope this helps.

===========
TU: 745(TU98) | EQ: 774 | EX: ? | NO BADDIES!
What's in my wallet? AMEX Platinum, United Presidential Plus World Elite MC, AMEX JetBlue, Nordstrom Visa Sig, Chase Sapphire Preferred, Discover More, AMEX Zync, Citi AAdvantage Plat Select Visa, Banana Republic, Home Depot
Frequent Contributor
dookdig

I got pre approved PC from zync to platinum but I don't need it. I think you could PC charge card to any charge card. YMMV.
Frequent Contributor
ArisGreek

Pre-approved doesn't mean you can PC. I get pre-approvals all the time for Gold/Platinum, etc. It's a new app. Trust me. LOL I've called 4 times and they say that this card is ineligible to PC to another charge card. It'd be a new application.

===========
TU: 745(TU98) | EQ: 774 | EX: ? | NO BADDIES!
What's in my wallet? AMEX Platinum, United Presidential Plus World Elite MC, AMEX JetBlue, Nordstrom Visa Sig, Chase Sapphire Preferred, Discover More, AMEX Zync, Citi AAdvantage Plat Select Visa, Banana Republic, Home Depot
Valued Member
Shiu

How about doing a PC from Zync to Blue Cash?

Starting Score: EX 644 (Amex Pull) TU 678 (Discover Pull) EQ 639 (Citi Pull)
Current Score: EX 689 TU 716 EQ 639
Goal Score: EX/TU/EQ 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Super Contributor
CS800

Shiu wrote:

How about doing a PC from Zync to Blue Cash?

I would say that's close to impossible

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+