Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX ZYNC - Update - PC options

tag
Open123
Super Contributor

Re: AMEX ZYNC - Update - PC options

I think the way to go is to PC to the Senior Green and app for the Blue.  

I just can't see any reason for keeping a card that earns no rewards whatsoever, which means one would *never* use it.  I don't even think it's worthwhile to use a flat 1% card, let alone a 0% one.  The only reason would be to keep active all the points accrued to clear them out.  

Message 21 of 71
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Im looking to PC mine on 4/8 but Im curious on when they will charge the AF. Think I might just wait until the 19th when the statement cuts and go with PRG.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 22 of 71
Open123
Super Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:
Im looking to PC mine on 4/8 but Im curious on when they will charge the AF. Think I might just wait until the 19th when the statement cuts and go with PRG.

PC or new app?

If you PC, you have to pay the $175 and not eligible for sign-up bonus.

Message 23 of 71
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

@GoldenloveNY wrote:
So Zync holders will no longer get 1point per $1? :/ I am now heavily considering going to the PRG, at least for the first year.

PRG is great, I haven't regretted my decision to pick up PRG in January. 

The AF has already paid for itself.

The immediate plan for me is to keep Zync until my DH is approved for his own Amex, then it will be cancelled. Right now we are keeping it since the TL is helping my DH to re-establish positive history

FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 24 of 71
GoldenloveNY
Frequent Contributor

Will one still get the sign up bonus for the PRG even if they have the Zync? There's something printed that the offer is not available for applicants who "had any consumer cards Zync, Green..." in the last 90 days...
Citi Double Cash: $1,000
Capital One Secured: $500
Capital One Savor One: $1,650
Amex Gold- NPSL.
Amex Platinum- NPSL.
Amex Delta Gold: $1,000
Best Buy Store Credit Card: $2,000
Amazon Store Credit Card: $6,000
Verizon Visa Card: $2,000

Bj's Perks Elite Mastercard: $2,300

Merrick Credit Card: $1,400
First Savings Credit Card: $1,250
Message 25 of 71
Open123
Super Contributor

@GoldenloveNY wrote:
Will one still get the sign up bonus for the PRG even if they have the Zync? There's something printed that the offer is not available for applicants who "had any consumer cards Zync, Green..." in the last 90 days...

You're right!  

Thank you.  I stand corrected.  I keep forgetting about the new Amex policy on having any consumer charge within 90 days.

Message 26 of 71
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

@Open123 wrote:

@GoldenloveNY wrote:

You're right!  

Thank you.  I stand corrected.  I keep forgetting about the new Amex policy on having any consumer charge within 90 days.

I got my AF on the PRG waived for the first year...  which = $175 value.  I didn't receive a sign up bonus on MR points though

FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 27 of 71
LionLaw
Frequent Contributor

That's a downer.  With 1 MR point per dollar, I could justify the annual fee.  I have the PRG for full MR status and the bonus categories; paying an extra $25 for the novelty of having a white Amex was worth it.  But if it doesn't earn any points at all, I will literally never use it.

It's too bad they're not allowing PCs to revolvers.  I would happily PC to a BCE.

Message 28 of 71
lazylane
New Contributor

The annual fee for my card wasn't charged today (it's due today) but I was charged for my "Packs" which I thought was discontinued..
Message 29 of 71
Open123
Super Contributor

@webhopper wrote:

I got my AF on the PRG waived for the first year...  which = $175 value.  I didn't receive a sign up bonus on MR points though

You have a business, right?  The Blue for Business might be a great option or you!  No annual fee, 10K bonus for first purchase and 1.3 MR per dollar spent.

Message 30 of 71
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.