Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX ZYNC - Update - PC options

tag
Open123
Super Contributor

Re: AMEX ZYNC - Update - PC options

@Revelate wrote:

I know the rational reasons are pretty thin for keeping the Zync, but I'm still looking at my credit report farming tradelines probably for the next 5 years to establish a solid base, and I could do a lot worse than $25 per year; actually I have worse at the $59 Orchard card that gets no use except for highly suspect online transactions (anything sketchy I can't run through Paypal basically and that's a rare occurrance, once in the past 18 months) and the proverbial pack of bubble gum expense just to keep it active...Have to admit, Zync has worked phenomenally well for me, so likely Amex can't possibly screw it up badly enough for me to consider taking my full business elsewhere.  Funny to have feelings people ascribe to Capital One with a decision to keep an Amex, but oh well, I'm human.

You know, one of the weaknesses of objective quantitative analysis is that it doesn't take into account intangible value. 

When we look at simple return on equity, the value of each card is very clear and easy to diffrentiate.  Where it becomes impossible to objectively evaluate is when the card has an intangible value, as the Zync does for you.  A cynic knows the price of everything and the value of nothing.  I've come of age in an era where the "price" is everything, but have learned that "value" is what you get.

So long as there is "value," I see nothing wrong for paying for something above and beyond its tangible value.  I routinely pay "extra" for my Amex cards because I enjoy them and find value in the utility of satisfaction in having and using them that is well beyond its tangible value.  Smiley Happy

Take for instance the Fid Amex.  Sure, its a no fee 2% card which is great, but any value I derive from the 2% will be zapped away instantly by such a grotesquely ugly puke green card that looks as if it's issued by Groupon.  *no offense meant to those who use the card*

Message 71 of 71
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.