Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX ZYNC or Blue Cash Chance

tag
dp321
Regular Contributor

AMEX ZYNC or Blue Cash Chance

I am meaning to get another credit card with rewards in addtion to my discover more card. I am choosing AMEX primarily for the superior customer service.

My EQ fico was 701 last month when I had 54% utilization, I am planning to have three months of solid <10% before I apply and I should be close to ~720 when I apply.. My credit history is about two years, but EX will have no inquiry when I apply. Should shoot for a ZYNC card just to get in the door or should I shoot for the Blue Cash Everyday? I rarely travel and most of  my spending is on grocery, gas, dinner out(rare) and online shopping. Should I look for another card such as Chase Freedom or Citi Platinum Select Dividend? 

Starting Score: EQ: 703 (4/2011);
Current Score: EQ: 738 (04/2013)

Goal Score: ALL 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Awesomely
Regular Contributor

Re: AMEX ZYNC or Blue Cash Chance

I got approved last month for the Gold and Clear Cards on the same day, my Experian score must have been near the 680's, my utilization was 44%. The only reason why I think I got approved is because my report is clean, other than that I have no idea how I got the two cards. Try applying you should be good.

Message 2 of 3
daytrade5
Contributor

Re: AMEX ZYNC or Blue Cash Chance

When you get that utl down, I would go with the Blue Cash Everyday since it offers better rewards than the Zync. If you're denied, no biggie, just apply for the Zync right after that as it will only be one hard on your credit report.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.