AMEX-ZYNC

tag
jforsyth
Regular Contributor

Re: AMEX-ZYNC

@Anonymous wrote:

Are you gonna apply?

I'm on the fence...

I'll have 6 months of perfect history with BofA once this month's statement posts. I put all of my payments on the card and PIF before the statement posts. I don't know if I should wait or not.

I know people with similar limited history have been approved for Zync recently, but who knows if that was just a July 4th approval spree by AmEx.

I was also looking at Citi Forward for 5x the points for restaurants and Amazon (I'm a college student and I eat out way too much for my own good Smiley Wink). I'm more hesitant about pulling the trigger with Citi. Before the new credit card laws went into place, people were getting the Forward card with my credentials. Now, however, many have said that Citi wants to see 6 months of history on TWO cards to be approved for Forward (which is pretty curious considering the card is marketed towards college students).

I don't know my FICOs (I'm waiting for my 6th statement to post to purchase them). My Credit Karma (TU) FAKO is 728 and my Quizzle (EX) FAKO is 658 (not that either of those figures mean anything). Both Citi and Amex pull Experian first.

I make about $12,000 a year with a part time job. I have no inquiries on any bureau in the past 6 months. I have 0 on EQ, 1 on TU, and 1 on EX in the past year.

I think I'm going apply for Zync first. If I get approved, I'll use it for 6 months along with my BofA card and then apply for Forward. If I get denied, I'll wait another 6 months and apply for both at the same time.

EQ FAKO: 779 (03/26/15)
TU FAKO: 785(03/26/15)
Citi Double Cash | Citi Forward | BankAmericard Cash Rewards | Amex Zync
Message 11 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

My wife just got a SSN (she is an import and got a Green Card too) 3 months ago. I added her 2 months ago as AU on my Amex Delta Gold and Discover. She just got approved for Zync on her own. So she was able to get it with no realy credit history at all.

Message 12 of 15
jforsyth
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

My wife just got a SSN (she is an import and got a Green Card too) 3 months ago. I added her 2 months ago as AU on my Amex Delta Gold and Discover. She just got approved for Zync on her own. So she was able to get it with no realy credit history at all.

Wow...you guys are really building my confidence haha.

What type of histories did the Delta Gold and the Discover card have?

EQ FAKO: 779 (03/26/15)
TU FAKO: 785(03/26/15)
Citi Double Cash | Citi Forward | BankAmericard Cash Rewards | Amex Zync
Message 13 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Delta Gold was 9 months

Discover I've had sonce 1999 (one of my first CC)

Here again my wife was only AU for about 2 months and only had a SSN issued for 3 months

Message 14 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Keep us posted!

Good Luck-

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.