cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX Zync - Anyone have Auto Pay and PSL Removed ??

tag
GoodCreditIsMyGoal
Established Member

AMEX Zync - Anyone have Auto Pay and PSL Removed ??

I am extremely thrilled to report I have been approved for AMEX Zync, HOWEVER,  I was given the Auto Pay $500 hard limit offer which is not bad...at least my foot in the doo Smiley Happyr, but my question is this:   I've searched the forum and know that many people have this option as well....some for months now.  Looking to find out if you have ever had the Hard Limit lifted.....and/or has the Limit been increased at all?? Or does it forever stay autopay and $500 hard limit.

Also, I was reading the Card Agreement and was a bit surprised to see that it says something to the affect that Applications for New AMEX Cards may be denied?!  Does this mean even after a year with excellent payment, great FICO scores etc...that I can never apply and be approved for another  type of AMEX card? Anyone with PSL auto pay been approved for another AMEX product?

Message 1 of 30
29 REPLIES 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: AMEX Zync - Anyone have Auto Pay and PSL Removed ??

@GoodCreditIsMyGoal wrote:

I am extremely thrilled to report I have been approved for AMEX Zync, HOWEVER,  I was given the Auto Pay $500 hard limit offer which is not bad...at least my foot in the doo Smiley Happyr, but my question is this:   I've searched the forum and know that many people have this option as well....some for months now.  Looking to find out if you have ever had the Hard Limit lifted.....and/or has the Limit been increased at all?? Or does it forever stay autopay and $500 hard limit.

Also, I was reading the Card Agreement and was a bit surprised to see that it says something to the affect that Applications for New AMEX Cards may be denied?!  Does this mean even after a year with excellent payment, great FICO scores etc...that I can never apply and be approved for another  type of AMEX card? Anyone with PSL auto pay been approved for another AMEX product?

They review accounts periodically.

You can apply for a different Amex card at anytime but I strongly reccomend against it at the time being. Zync is the easist charge card to get and they put a hard limit on it so chances are high anything else would be denied. My friend has 1500 limit on zync and was approved for green.

Message 2 of 30
GoodCreditIsMyGoal
Established Member

@Anonymous wrote:

You can apply for a different Amex card at anytime but I strongly reccomend against it at the time being. Zync is the easist charge card to get and they put a hard limit on it so chances are high anything else would be denied. My friend has 1500 limit on zync and was approved for green.

Thanks for responding!  No, I don't plan on apping for another AMEX for another 18 months, but I just wanted to know if I even had the option to do so.  This Zync will serve as my debit card for small every day purchases I make, so the $500 limit is okay for now.  Just wanted to know was there a chance for any sort of increase or could I app for another AMEX product in the future.  Thanks!!!!

Message 3 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes you can apply in the future. You can also force the 500 limit higher by sending them a check at the beginning of the month if you plan to do a large purchase.

Message 4 of 30
GoodCreditIsMyGoal
Established Member

@Anonymous wrote:

Yes you can apply in the future. You can also force the 500 limit higher by sending them a check at the beginning of the month if you plan to do a large purchase.

Oh I see...thanks Tanner!  

Also, I have another question....I didn't sign up for any packs...will I be ableto sign up after I get my card?  I just noticed that the AMEX is accepted at a coffee shop I frequent every day so I would like to sign up for the Restaurant Pack if possible.

Message 5 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Oh I see...thanks Tanner!  

Also, I have another question....I didn't sign up for any packs...will I be ableto sign up after I get my card?  I just noticed that the AMEX is accepted at a coffee shop I frequent every day so I would like to sign up for the Restaurant Pack if possible.

You will be able to add a pack at any time. You can also change them when you want.

Message 6 of 30
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks for responding!  No, I don't plan on apping for another AMEX for another 18 months, but I just wanted to know if I even had the option to do so.  This Zync will serve as my debit card for small every day purchases I make, so the $500 limit is okay for now.  Just wanted to know was there a chance for any sort of increase or could I app for another AMEX product in the future.  Thanks!!!!

18 months from now you should be fine as long as your EX report is up to snuff and the Zync has been handled properly.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 7 of 30
GoodCreditIsMyGoal
Established Member

@LS2982 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

18 months from now you should be fine as long as your EX report is up to snuff and the Zync has been handled properly.

That's awesome to hear!  Do they hard pull for a new app or will it be a soft?  I thought I remember reading on here somewhere that when you already have an AMEX and apply for another card it's a soft...could be wrong though....sounds to good  to be true! LOL!

Message 8 of 30
GoodCreditIsMyGoal
Established Member

@LS2982 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

That's awesome to hear!  Do they hard pull for a new app or will it be a soft?  I thought I remember reading on here somewhere that when you already have an AMEX and apply for another card it's a soft...could be wrong though....sounds to good  to be true! LOL!

Not that the inquiry will be a big deal at that point though.....Most of mine will drop off by then.

Message 9 of 30
-Cain-
Valued Contributor

@goodcredit -

If you apply for another AmEx, an approval will be a hard pull, a denial will more than likely be a soft inquiry.
Message 10 of 30
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.