Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX Zync/Debit Card Use/Frequent Questions

tag
laboi_22
Established Contributor

AMEX Zync/Debit Card Use/Frequent Questions

I was doing some digging on the AMEX website. It's amazing the information you can find if you dig things up a bit. They have all sorts of hidden information. I found this the other day and thought since we get these questions so often, why not make a post that should help everyone out. Again this is not my opinion, rather this is AMEX's own reasoning. Maybe someone should sticky this so once and for all we will have answered the question that gets asked at least once a day here:

Direct from AMEX website:

FEES & LIMITS 

Did you know that debit cards may allow users to overdraw or spend more than they have in their checking account and then charge an overdraft fee (fees could be as high as $381)? The ZYNC Card has no pre-set spending limit2 and does not charge over-limit fees.

BUILDING CREDIT 

Did you know that debit cards do not report to the credit bureau? So if you're looking to build your credit history, you're better off using your ZYNC Card.
FRAUD PROTECTION GUARANTEE 

Use your ZYNC Card online or off, and you won't be held responsible for any unauthorized charges. Period. No fine print, no deductible-just pure protection, so you can shop with confidence.

BUYER PROTECTION SERVICES 

Did you know that many debit cards do not offer Buyer Protection Services to protect eligible purchases? To see what comes with your ZYNC Card, click here.
REWARDS 

With your ZYNC Card, you can earn one Membership Rewards® point for each dollar you spend on purchases. And there are many ways to earn even more points. Plus, points don't expire and popular rewards start at just 1,000 points.3 How does your debit card's rewards compare?

According to the FDIC Study of Bank Overdraft Programs published November 2008.

No pre-set spending limit does not mean unlimited spending. Purchasing power adjusts with your use of the Card, your payment history, credit record and financial resources known to us, and other factors. Most ZYNC accounts do not have a pre-set spending limit. For ZYNC accounts that have a pre-set spending limit, the Cardmember accepted the terms of the pre-set spending limit during the application process.

Terms and Conditions for the Membership Rewards Express® program apply. Visit membershiprewards.com/terms or call 1-800-AXP-EARN (297-3276) for more information. Participating partners and available rewards are subject to change without notice.
Current Scores: EX - 728 FICO (5/11/13) TU - 771 FICO (7/02/13) EQ ??

Current Cards: Chase Freedom $5,000, CSP $5,700, BofA Visa Signature $15,000, AMEX BCE $6,000, Walmart $4,150, Gap Visa $10,000, JC Penny $5,800, Lowes $8,500, Dillard's AMEX $8,000, AMEX Hilton HHonors - $2,000, Chase United $12,000, Citi AAdvantage & Simplicity $6,000/$6,000, SPG AMEX $1,000
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
j_casteel
Valued Contributor

Re: AMEX Zync/Debit Card Use/Frequent Questions

Thanks for the info!

Makes the decision on using my Zync more a lot easier.

-John

Learning from my past and rebuilding..

BK discharged 1/10/17
scores: EQ 659 | TU 630 | EX 659

QS 3.8K | WF 500 | Cabela's 3k | ACU 500 |

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.