Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX Zync approval + AUTO backdating!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

AMEX Zync approval + AUTO backdating!

Hello Everyone! I was recently approved for an AMEX Zync card. I had a prior CO with AMEX in 1997, and I thought I would be "Blacklisted"  forever! Thanks to reading these forums, I learned how AMEX will backdate accounts. I recieved an invite for the green card the other day, and decided to apply. I was approved online instantly. I chose the Zync card over the Green.  I dont really have use for this card, but the fact it AUTO backdated to 1997 (14 YEARS!! Smiley Surprised), I dont mind paying the $25 AF. I just want to thank everyone for teaching me so much over the past few months! I will be completely done  carrying sub-prime cards as of next month. Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20
ShootingStar
Regular Contributor

Re: AMEX Zync approval + AUTO backdating!

So did you ever clear up the CO or has it simply disappeared?  And congrats!  Smiley Happy

"It's myFICO and I can cry if I want to!"

Starting Score January 1, 2010: 640
Current Scores Updated Sept. 6, 2011: EQ: 765 / TU: 778 / EX PLUS: 773
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

"Working my way up!" Smiley Wink
Message 2 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

I never paid the account. It was from 1997-98. So, it basically fell off the reports.

Message 3 of 21
Mekitcat
Frequent Contributor

Do you know for sure it backdated? I'm assuming you didn't get your card yet if you just applied.

Message 4 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

No, I do not have the card. AMEX gives you the account number (instantly online) and encourages you to set up account immediately. I did this, and at the top of my account activity page  it states my name and MEMBER SINCE 1997. This would mean it was "backdated", right?

Message 5 of 21
Mekitcat
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

No, I do not have the card. AMEX gives you the account number (instantly online) and encourages you to set up account immediately. I did this, and at the top of my account activity page  it states my name and MEMBER SINCE 1997. This would mean it was "backdated", right?

Yes that means your backdated congrats Smiley Happy

The reason I asked is I have defaulted with them also around the same time as you and I got the pre-approval for the green too, and I went with the zync as well. I'm approved but it didn't show my account # or was I able to set up an online account yet. I'm still waiting for my card with my fingers crossed that it will be backdated.

Message 6 of 21
ShootingStar
Regular Contributor

Let us know when you get your cards!

Message 7 of 21
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats!!! I had the same sort of situation as you. They offered and approved me for a Green back in May, and it was backdated to 1987. I don't know what's going on, but Amex must be in a forgiving mood. Smiley Happy

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 8 of 21
drkaje
Senior Contributor

Sweet!

Kinda makes me want to get another Amex.

If you had a charge product in the past, would they automatically back-date a new credit card?

Starting Score: 675
Current Score: EX 753 FICO, EQ 737FICO, TU 738
Goal Score: 776 FICO

Message 9 of 21
ShootingStar
Regular Contributor

Yeah -- I think I'll test the waters in January to maximize my backdating (assuming it goes well).  If so, I should end up with a member since 1989 or 90 date....

Message 10 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.