cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX Zync approval - what are the chances of it getting cancelled before the card arrives?

tag
charyot77
Regular Contributor

AMEX Zync approval - what are the chances of it getting cancelled before the card arrives?

After YEARS of checking the AMEX pre-selector site, today I finally saw that I was "pre-selected" for the Gold, Green, and Blue cards.

After reading a few threads on here I decided to pull the trigger on a Zync card.

I was instantly approved! I was surprised because I still have an outstanding judgement that I'm hoping to settle, otherwise, my credit report is spotless and I've had perfect records on all of my accounts.  (Ironically, I've just closed two sub-prime cards.)

I'm also sort of scared now.  I was instantly approved (no counter-offer) but I'm worried that I'll get some letter in the mail saying "we made a big mistake, you're actually denied".

Does this happen?

Message 1 of 38
37 REPLIES 37
rtw
Established Contributor

Re: AMEX Zync approval - what are the chances of it getting cancelled before the card arrives?

You may want to try for a revolver also. It should only be one hard pull if you apply today. I wouldn't worry about your approval being cancelled. I thought I was blacklisted because of an unpaid charge off. I was approved for the Zync and the Gold in July. It was one HP.

Starting Score: EX: 575 (PSECU 5/2/12) TU: 582 (3/6/12) EQ: 664 (4/27/12)
Current Score: EX: 699 (PSECU 06/04/14) 702 (my FICO 08/05/14) TU: 699 (08/01/14) EQ: 675 (07/08/14)
Goal Score: 720
20K PSECU 7/12 | 12K USAA 9/12 | 11K BOA 1-2-3 9/12 | 9K Citi HHonors 9/12 | 8.5K Citi AAdvantage 5/08 | 5K Chase Sapphire Pref. 9/12 | 3.8K Barclays USAir 7/12 | 6K Walmart Dis. 11/12 | 1K Amex SPG 11/12 | 2K Amex BCP 1/13
Message 2 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: AMEX Zync approval - what are the chances of it getting cancelled before the card arrives?

Only if someone at Amex sees your application and realizes that you've slept with his sister.

You're approved, congrats!  I can't see the need to worry about that remote possibility.

Message 3 of 38
charyot77
Regular Contributor

@rtw wrote:

You may want to try for a revolver also. It should only be one hard pull if you apply today. I wouldn't worry about your approval being cancelled. I thought I was blacklisted because of an unpaid charge off. I was approved for the Zync and the Gold in July. It was one HP.

Do you think this would be pushing it with the credit gatekeeper? I already feel like I was lucky to slip through with that judgement.

Message 4 of 38
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

@charyot77 wrote:

After YEARS of checking the AMEX pre-selector site, today I finally saw that I was "pre-selected" for the Gold, Green, and Blue cards.

After reading a few threads on here I decided to pull the trigger on a Zync card.

I was instantly approved! I was surprised because I still have an outstanding judgement that I'm hoping to settle, otherwise, my credit report is spotless and I've had perfect records on all of my accounts.  (Ironically, I've just closed two sub-prime cards.)

I'm also sort of scared now.  I was instantly approved (no counter-offer) but I'm worried that I'll get some letter in the mail saying "we made a big mistake, you're actually denied".

Does this happen?

This does not happen, Congrats on your new card... I might suggest Starwood Preferred Guest, as there have been several forum members who have been approved with this card, with a questionable file. 

Do expect a call from the ID verification department the first few times you use the card.  That's what happened to me.

Congrats!  Welcome to the Amex family!

FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 5 of 38
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

@charyot77 wrote:

@rtw wrote:

Do you think this would be pushing it with the credit gatekeeper? I already feel like I was lucky to slip through with that judgement.

Nope, this would not be pushing it.  Its a computer... not a person. A computer can't look at this and go OMG the nerve!   The computer doesn't have emotions, it just says yes or no.  If you apply for a revolver  it should only cost one HP anyways, so no harm done.

FICO 9:

Message 6 of 38
rtw
Established Contributor

I don't think so. As long as you apply on the same day it should only be one HP. I'd go for it. Particularly since you said that you were "pre-selected" for Gold, Green, and Blue. What's your FICO with Experian?

Current Score: EX: 699 (PSECU 06/04/14) 702 (my FICO 08/05/14) TU: 699 (08/01/14) EQ: 675 (07/08/14)
20K PSECU 7/12 | 12K USAA 9/12 | 11K BOA 1-2-3 9/12 | 9K Citi HHonors 9/12 | 8.5K Citi AAdvantage 5/08 | 5K Chase Sapphire Pref. 9/12 | 3.8K Barclays USAir 7/12 | 6K Walmart Dis. 11/12 | 1K Amex SPG 11/12 | 2K Amex BCP 1/13
Message 7 of 38
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

@rtw wrote:

I don't think so. As long as you apply on the same day it should only be one HP. I'd go for it. Particularly since you said that you were "pre-selected" for Gold, Green, and Blue. What's your FICO with Experian?

I hope the lack of an immediate response means that the OP is "going for it".  I love living vicariously through other people's approvals!

Good Luck OP!

FICO 9:

Message 8 of 38
Cageym
Established Contributor

I did apply for a co-branded gold revolver immediatly after being approved for a Zync and it's only showing one HP. (Approved for both). Btw, congrats on the new card!

What's in my wallet: Cap1 Venture NFCU Sig Visa Delta Gold Amex BCE Citi Simplicity IHG World MC Amazon Visa CSP
Starting Score: 5/2010 550-ish
Current Score: 6/20/2013 TU 800 6/20/2013 EQ 770 6/20/2013 EX 775
Goal Score: 800 accross the board
Message 9 of 38
rtw
Established Contributor

Me too, Webhopper. Especially since I've been shot down twice for the BCP. But they were both SP's since I'm a member. January is feeling like destiny for me.

Message 10 of 38
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.