Credit Cards Center Credit cards from our partners
Reply
Regular Contributor
Posts: 237
Registered: ‎06-21-2010
0

AMEX Zync approval - what are the chances of it getting cancelled before the card arrives?

After YEARS of checking the AMEX pre-selector site, today I finally saw that I was "pre-selected" for the Gold, Green, and Blue cards.

 

After reading a few threads on here I decided to pull the trigger on a Zync card.

 

I was instantly approved! I was surprised because I still have an outstanding judgement that I'm hoping to settle, otherwise, my credit report is spotless and I've had perfect records on all of my accounts.  (Ironically, I've just closed two sub-prime cards.)

 

I'm also sort of scared now.  I was instantly approved (no counter-offer) but I'm worried that I'll get some letter in the mail saying "we made a big mistake, you're actually denied".

 

Does this happen?

 

Established Contributor
Posts: 797
Registered: ‎05-01-2012
0

Re: AMEX Zync approval - what are the chances of it getting cancelled before the card arrives?

You may want to try for a revolver also. It should only be one hard pull if you apply today. I wouldn't worry about your approval being cancelled. I thought I was blacklisted because of an unpaid charge off. I was approved for the Zync and the Gold in July. It was one HP.


Starting Score: EX: 575 (PSECU 5/2/12) TU: 582 (3/6/12) EQ: 664 (4/27/12)
Current Score: EX: 699 (PSECU 06/04/14) 702 (my FICO 08/05/14) TU: 699 (08/01/14) EQ: 675 (07/08/14)
Goal Score: 720
20K PSECU 7/12 | 12K USAA 9/12 | 11K BOA 1-2-3 9/12 | 9K Citi HHonors 9/12 | 8.5K Citi AAdvantage 5/08 | 5K Chase Sapphire Pref. 9/12 | 3.8K Barclays USAir 7/12 | 6K Walmart Dis. 11/12 | 1K Amex SPG 11/12 | 2K Amex BCP 1/13
Established Contributor
Posts: 731
Registered: ‎02-15-2012
0

Re: AMEX Zync approval - what are the chances of it getting cancelled before the card arrives?

Only if someone at Amex sees your application and realizes that you've slept with his sister.

 

You're approved, congrats!  I can't see the need to worry about that remote possibility.

FICOs (2/24/12): EX 752, EQ 740
Chase Sapphire Preferred, Freedom; American Express PR Gold, Blue Cash Everyday
Regular Contributor
Posts: 237
Registered: ‎06-21-2010
0

Re: AMEX Zync approval - what are the chances of it getting cancelled before the card arrives?


rtw wrote:

You may want to try for a revolver also. It should only be one hard pull if you apply today. I wouldn't worry about your approval being cancelled. I thought I was blacklisted because of an unpaid charge off. I was approved for the Zync and the Gold in July. It was one HP.


Do you think this would be pushing it with the credit gatekeeper? I already feel like I was lucky to slip through with that judgement.

Moderator Emeritus
Posts: 7,225
Registered: ‎09-16-2011
0

Re: AMEX Zync approval - what are the chances of it getting cancelled before the card arrives?


charyot77 wrote:

After YEARS of checking the AMEX pre-selector site, today I finally saw that I was "pre-selected" for the Gold, Green, and Blue cards.

 

After reading a few threads on here I decided to pull the trigger on a Zync card.

 

I was instantly approved! I was surprised because I still have an outstanding judgement that I'm hoping to settle, otherwise, my credit report is spotless and I've had perfect records on all of my accounts.  (Ironically, I've just closed two sub-prime cards.)

 

I'm also sort of scared now.  I was instantly approved (no counter-offer) but I'm worried that I'll get some letter in the mail saying "we made a big mistake, you're actually denied".

 

Does this happen?

 


This does not happen, Congrats on your new card... I might suggest Starwood Preferred Guest, as there have been several forum members who have been approved with this card, with a questionable file. 

 

Do expect a call from the ID verification department the first few times you use the card.  That's what happened to me.

 

Congrats!  Welcome to the Amex family!


Starting Score: 08/29/2011 TU 671 EQ 674
Current Score: TU 754 EQ 694 EX 697
Wallet: NFCU Visa Sig 25k, Amex Lowes 22k, NavCheck 15k, Amex PRG, Amex Zync, Discover It 13.5k, Amazon Visa 5k
Platinum Spade Garden Club Member: App Free since 1/1/13. No more apps til who knows when?
MyFICO Fitness Goal: 800s Club!



Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Moderator Emeritus
Posts: 7,225
Registered: ‎09-16-2011
0

Re: AMEX Zync approval - what are the chances of it getting cancelled before the card arrives?


charyot77 wrote:

rtw wrote:

You may want to try for a revolver also. It should only be one hard pull if you apply today. I wouldn't worry about your approval being cancelled. I thought I was blacklisted because of an unpaid charge off. I was approved for the Zync and the Gold in July. It was one HP.


Do you think this would be pushing it with the credit gatekeeper? I already feel like I was lucky to slip through with that judgement.


Nope, this would not be pushing it.  Its a computer... not a person. A computer can't look at this and go OMG the nerve!   The computer doesn't have emotions, it just says yes or no.  If you apply for a revolver  it should only cost one HP anyways, so no harm done.


Starting Score: 08/29/2011 TU 671 EQ 674
Current Score: TU 754 EQ 694 EX 697
Wallet: NFCU Visa Sig 25k, Amex Lowes 22k, NavCheck 15k, Amex PRG, Amex Zync, Discover It 13.5k, Amazon Visa 5k
Platinum Spade Garden Club Member: App Free since 1/1/13. No more apps til who knows when?
MyFICO Fitness Goal: 800s Club!



Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Established Contributor
Posts: 797
Registered: ‎05-01-2012
0

Re: AMEX Zync approval - what are the chances of it getting cancelled before the card arrives?

I don't think so. As long as you apply on the same day it should only be one HP. I'd go for it. Particularly since you said that you were "pre-selected" for Gold, Green, and Blue. What's your FICO with Experian?


Starting Score: EX: 575 (PSECU 5/2/12) TU: 582 (3/6/12) EQ: 664 (4/27/12)
Current Score: EX: 699 (PSECU 06/04/14) 702 (my FICO 08/05/14) TU: 699 (08/01/14) EQ: 675 (07/08/14)
Goal Score: 720
20K PSECU 7/12 | 12K USAA 9/12 | 11K BOA 1-2-3 9/12 | 9K Citi HHonors 9/12 | 8.5K Citi AAdvantage 5/08 | 5K Chase Sapphire Pref. 9/12 | 3.8K Barclays USAir 7/12 | 6K Walmart Dis. 11/12 | 1K Amex SPG 11/12 | 2K Amex BCP 1/13
Moderator Emeritus
Posts: 7,225
Registered: ‎09-16-2011
0

Re: AMEX Zync approval - what are the chances of it getting cancelled before the card arrives?


rtw wrote:

I don't think so. As long as you apply on the same day it should only be one HP. I'd go for it. Particularly since you said that you were "pre-selected" for Gold, Green, and Blue. What's your FICO with Experian?


I hope the lack of an immediate response means that the OP is "going for it".  I love living vicariously through other people's approvals!

 

Good Luck OP!


Starting Score: 08/29/2011 TU 671 EQ 674
Current Score: TU 754 EQ 694 EX 697
Wallet: NFCU Visa Sig 25k, Amex Lowes 22k, NavCheck 15k, Amex PRG, Amex Zync, Discover It 13.5k, Amazon Visa 5k
Platinum Spade Garden Club Member: App Free since 1/1/13. No more apps til who knows when?
MyFICO Fitness Goal: 800s Club!



Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Established Contributor
Posts: 515
Registered: ‎07-31-2012
0

Re: AMEX Zync approval - what are the chances of it getting cancelled before the card arrives?

I did apply for a co-branded gold revolver immediatly after being approved for a Zync and it's only showing one HP. (Approved for both). Btw, congrats on the new card!

What's in my wallet: Cap1 Venture NFCU Sig Visa Delta Gold Amex BCE Citi Simplicity IHG World MC Amazon Visa CSP
Starting Score: 5/2010 550-ish
Current Score: 6/20/2013 TU 800 6/20/2013 EQ 770 6/20/2013 EX 775
Goal Score: 800 accross the board
Established Contributor
Posts: 797
Registered: ‎05-01-2012
0

Re: AMEX Zync approval - what are the chances of it getting cancelled before the card arrives?

Me too, Webhopper. Especially since I've been shot down twice for the BCP. But they were both SP's since I'm a member. January is feeling like destiny for me.


Starting Score: EX: 575 (PSECU 5/2/12) TU: 582 (3/6/12) EQ: 664 (4/27/12)
Current Score: EX: 699 (PSECU 06/04/14) 702 (my FICO 08/05/14) TU: 699 (08/01/14) EQ: 675 (07/08/14)
Goal Score: 720
20K PSECU 7/12 | 12K USAA 9/12 | 11K BOA 1-2-3 9/12 | 9K Citi HHonors 9/12 | 8.5K Citi AAdvantage 5/08 | 5K Chase Sapphire Pref. 9/12 | 3.8K Barclays USAir 7/12 | 6K Walmart Dis. 11/12 | 1K Amex SPG 11/12 | 2K Amex BCP 1/13

Forums posts are not provided or commissioned by FICO. Forums posts have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by FICO. It is not FICO's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.

Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on internal myFICO analysis of actual applicant approvals, and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range. These ranges were not provided by any card issuer.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.