Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX Zync counts as revolving account?

tag
808state
Established Member

AMEX Zync counts as revolving account?

Pulled my annual CR from EQ and found my AMEX Zync is counting toward my "Debt to Credit Ratio". I was under the impression charge cards not counted as such, am I wrong?

TU 722 | EQ 779 | Alaska Airlines Visa 5k | NFCU Cash Rewards Signature Visa 12.5k | Foreclosure in 2006
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
TeeandDee
Frequent Contributor

Re: AMEX Zync counts as revolving account?

@808state wrote:

Pulled my annual CR from EQ and found my AMEX Zync is counting toward my "Debt to Credit Ratio". I was under the impression charge cards not counted as such, am I wrong?

Mine reports on EQ under the "Other" category.  However, I noticed that my utilization went up by one percentage that can only be because of the AMEX balance reporting, but nothing else changed.  So it's factored in my utl.

Slowly building....
Message 2 of 4
dude11
Regular Contributor

@808state wrote:

Wrong. I believe what you may have been confusing it with is that certain versions of FICO or FICO does not include either your high balance or current balance in scoring for charge cards. Something like that. When you pull your CRs however, your current balance is included as part of debt to credit ratio.

Someone please correct me if I am wrong. Thank you!

Message 3 of 4
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

That's correct ~ only the TU 98 version of FICO ( sold here ) includes the balance in utliization.    However it is still factored as a "card with a balance" for utilization purposes.

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.