Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX Zync reward points question

tag
Lambo23
Frequent Contributor

AMEX Zync reward points question

Alright so I have gotten through 1 month with the zync card and have loved it! I have put through around $1400 on the card. I have the Eco pack and the Restaurant pack which give me 2x points. I used around $300 for 3x points and $200 for 5x points by using their online shopping. I used around $250 on food which gives me 2x points. All the rest of my spending was at walmart, target, and gas. I was expecting maybe aronud 3000 pts for my first month. I log in today and see that I have 6500 pts! SWEET.  Now here is my question.. HOW? lol I am not complaining about it, but I do want to know how because I would love to earn this many points every month! When I go and look at the details of my rewards points I see a lot of normal things like food and eco but than I see two that say "bonus points offer - 5x" which has 2,998 pts and the other says "bonus points offer - 3x" and has 2,998 pts. This confused me and I want to make sure it isn't a mistake... If anyone could help me out, thanks!

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: AMEX Zync reward points question

@Lambo23 wrote:

I am not complaining about it, but I do want to know how because I would love to earn this many points every month!

I'm looking forward to hearing how this works too!  I just got my Zync and have made similar purchases but NONE of my points are showing up yet.  To get 6500 points when you're only expecting 3000 is awesome--Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 6
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

I don't exactly know as I don't have an Amex (maybe December), but it looks as though you hit some promotional offer for using their online shopping site.  I wouldn't expect to get that each and every month honestly, but it's a nice little boost immediately.

        
Message 3 of 6
Lambo23
Frequent Contributor

I don't know. My online purchases don't add up to those amounts and Ive never heard of a special promotion just for using their online shopping... Anyone else care to chime in?
Message 4 of 6
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

I agree that 6500pts is fantastic for one month's expenses !!   I haven't used their online shopping much at all, but I believe that you can get a really nice bonus ( like 5X ) similar to what you described.   

I believe there is a way to see the detail of your points/purchases.....If you received 5X points then you would have spent around $600 online......Is that correct ??

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 5 of 6
Lambo23
Frequent Contributor

Maybe around $500 but not on anything that gives 5x. the only amount I spent on 5x rewards was just under 200$ on apple products. the rest of it was around 300$ at a store that says 3x points. Lol I am so confused.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.